Physical for new job

So I accepted a job at a local school and I have the physical on Monday. If all checks out, I'm good to go and will start within te next few weeks.

I have this form to fill out to bring with me. Basic medical questions, current, history, etc. They asked me if I ever used recreational drugs. I have smoked weed before, not in a while though. Should I admit to doing it before, or just say no? I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to risk losing the position over something like this.

Thoughts?

In this day and age, I doubt seriously reported Marijuana use from years ago will disqualify you from a job. I work in a field that requires a top secret security clearance with the federal government and past Marijuana use that is admitted in a background investigation does not jeopardize someone's job or aforementioned clearance.

With regard to the physical, I imagine it will involve a standard CBC analysis and and a doctor checking your vitals and poking around on you

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you. I tend to be a bit paranoid with things like this and didn't want to jeapordize the job for something minor I could have easily avoided.

it's been a while, but my last physical - federal government - they checked vitals and hearing. very very basic and they didn't even take a urine sample. although i did go for one job to an actual medical clinic and had to pee in the cup and etc. - it was much more extensive. it can vary, but they cannot step over the line in terms of taking blood and etc. - it's a basic health check and not a true doctors physical/visit. your private illnesses (if any) don't even need to be disclosed. if the weed was years past, don't even bother to mention it.... unless it's something you're still doing, of course.

• Like 1
  • Author
it's been a while, but my last physical - federal government - they checked vitals and hearing. very very basic and they didn't even take a urine sample. although i did go for one job to an actual medical clinic and had to pee in the cup and etc. - it was much more extensive. it can vary, but they cannot step over the line in terms of taking blood and etc. - it's a basic health check and not a true doctors physical/visit. your private illnesses (if any) don't even need to be disclosed. if the weed was years past, don't even bother to mention it.... unless it's something you're still doing, of course.

Nah, I don't anymore. But a lot of the "yes/no" questions were based on history. So they asked if I've ever experimented with recreational drugs. I said yes, I tried weed when I was younger.