EXTREMELY difficult for me....

how do you answer : how do you interpret information( or requirements, I forgot the exact question)

the recruiter was so certain I could get the job despised I didn't feel well after the telephone interview with a guy from Europe, the job itself is in a city close to mine. because it is hard for the recruiter to find someone who have experience in this specific technical tool.

I was in a funked state, having just had a blowout with my mom the date day before.

but there were always something I am not perfectly suit for a job. the one before this the interview had me fly to a neighbouring city and drove to hours to have an interview with them in a small town. They told the recruiter they enjoyed the interview and thought I am professional and lovely, but I didn't have that one specific skill they look for. the recruiter told me he thinks they were looking for a unicorn.

why is that I am not always perfect for any job? always missing something.

I don't know what to do with myself and my life anymore. It turns out I am not adequate for anything despised the fact I have 2 degrees...

yup, the aforementioned job, the recruiter told me it was a face to face skype interview. and since the company here specifically got the guy who know this specific skill from Europe to interview me, I assume he is going to ask me specific technical questions so I spent the days before the interview studied the technical stuff. It turned out no technical and none face to face just phone...and apparently the guy wasn't impressed that was the reason the recruiter told me I failed.

my life and interviews were full of dramas like that.

the bottom life is that I feel completely useless now. I don't know...if only I could just vanish from this earth without any traces, that would be nice.

• Author

also had 3 interviews weeks ago, no feedback from them still. definitely no too because they have been awhile.

seems lots of prospect for me though, but none work out.

I think I am a competent, analytical and learning fast and always solved every problem at the jobs.

but apparently I can't nail one. my god do I have to come up every answer for every question they possible ask beforehand?

um. yes, never prepared well enough. always have an accent in my English. always something wrong. so sicken tired...

I have to ask, how is your written and spoken English? Or will your job be in your first language?

Or, rather, how would you rate your English?

• Author
I have to ask, how is your written and spoken English? Or will your job be in your first language?

Or, rather, how would you rate your English?

Written? you can judge for yourself. speaking on a good day I speak quite well, on a bad day, I totally fumble.

written...I was once or twice told my written English is strong. but as you can see, on a bad day, especially when my brain just totally stressed, depressed and no function properly, it could be quite bad.

but always speak with an accent.

Get an employment coach.

Seriously.

I was a professional executive for several years when I was laid off of a company. Because of the specifics of the layoff, the company HAD to pay for assistance in finding new employment and that involved coaches who helped in training for interviews.

I scoffed at the offer since I've been around the block and am very confident. But they showed me things I couldn't have imagined, re-worked my entire resume, and got me several dozen job offers within a few weeks of going through their process.

Worth the money!

• Like 3
  • Author
Get an employment coach.

Seriously.

I was a professional executive for several years when I was laid off of a company. Because of the specifics of the layoff, the company HAD to pay for assistance in finding new employment and that involved coaches who helped in training for interviews.

I scoffed at the offer since I've been around the block and am very confident. But they showed me things I couldn't have imagined, re-worked my entire resume, and got me several dozen job offers within a few weeks of going through their process.

Worth the money!

I got one. guess I didn't like to listen to him, because he insisted I got in touch with people I don't really want to talk to again...etc...

I found the coach quite a nuisance and did not find much use back then...so stopped working with him after a couple of months.

I also went to government sponsored group employment counselling. also not much help.

It seems I don't lack of interviews but just no offer.

I am not sure even if I like what I do anymore.

wow, several dozen offers....so you nailed every interview? I guess I went through almost several dozen interviews, but nothing...

do you believe in fate and curse? I am starting to believe it now...

I got one. guess I didn't like to listen to him, because he insisted I got in touch with people I don't really want to talk to again...etc...

I found the coach quite a nuisance and did not find much use back then...so stopped working with him after a couple of months.

Not sure he is doing what he should be. The firm I used had four different coaches that covered different aspects; one filmed me and went through a critical analysis of my interview process and changes to make... things like that.

Well, then you aren't doing all you should be. Yes, networking IS important - even talking to those you don't want to.

wow, several dozen offers....so you nailed every interview? I guess I went through almost several dozen interviews, but nothing...

I did, actually. Several jobs on the table after I learned how to interview more effectively.

do you believe in fate and curse? I am starting to believe it now...

No. I believe it self-fulfilling prophesies and it sounds like you are talking yourself into failing.

• Like 3
Written? you can judge for yourself. speaking on a good day I speak quite well, on a bad day, I totally fumble.

written...I was once or twice told my written English is strong. but as you can see, on a bad day, especially when my brain just totally stressed, depressed and no function properly, it could be quite bad.

but always speak with an accent.

It's not the accent, it's the command of the language. Work on that. I'm not sure if it was autocorrect that led you to use the word despised in your post, when I know it's not what you mean. You might want to take a refresher course and get verb tense and details like that under control. As for the days you fumble, there must be some type of anxiety intervention for that?

But, I agree with Carrie, your attitude is somewhat self sabotaging.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

I found your post hard to read, because you are using many incorrect words along with poor grammar. Especially combined with a heavy accent, I could imagine you being extremely hard to understand in interviews.

I hire technical people, and if someone comes in unable to clearly communicate I will not hire them. The technical world has changed a lot, there are very few back room technical jobs anymore, where you just work with computers or other technology. Most jobs require a lot of coordination and collaboration with other people and if you aren't comfortable in the language that you are trying to work with, you will not succeed.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thanks for all the responses and insights. Really appreciate them.

yes, I know despite, bottom-line...I just got blurry with them when I wasn't in a good frame of mind.

sigh, it's nice to be able to work in the USA, for the same experience, 6 figure seems quite easy. here in this frigging cold Canada, even with such low exchange rate, the number is quite lower. and few opportunities compare with the U.S.

gotta move to the u.s, I think! but most specified local candidates only.

GunslingerRoland

Depends on where in Canada and where in the US. Across a lot of America jobs pay considerably less than they do up here. Plus you have to pay for your own health care and some other services that we take for granted up here. They get less vacation time, less paid holidays, less sick days.

• Like 2