My first time at a job where people resigned and then come back.

There was two people who resigned back in July and then they came back this month. I never been on a job where people can just return lol. Now I hear it's a 3rd person coming back in January after being given a farewell party and gifts. So I'm not sure if I'm giving anymore money once someone resign so they can return 3 months later.

GunslingerRoland

The place where I work, people can retire with a full pension at 55 if they have enough years of service. So a lot of people retire, and then come back to consult for a few more years, getting a full pension and a full salary.

But you only pitch in for a present when someone retires, not when they come and go afterwards.

When you say resign, do you mean retire, or quit? I've never heard of buying gifts for someone who quits a company...

• Author
The place where I work, people can retire with a full pension at 55 if they have enough years of service. So a lot of people retire, and then come back to consult for a few more years, getting a full pension and a full salary.

But you only pitch in for a present when someone retires, not when they come and go afterwards.

When you say resign, do you mean retire, or quit? I've never heard of buying gifts for someone who quits a company...

Nope not retirement just leaving for a new job which happened 15 times in 2015

GunslingerRoland

I've never heard of buying a gift for someone who left for another job. Considering how much people change jobs in this day and age it sounds like overkill.

• Author
I've never heard of buying a gift for someone who left for another job. Considering how much people change jobs in this day and age it sounds like overkill.

Just a guess, but I think it was because they were there 5 or more years. If I left I don't see myself getting a farewell party after only 2 years

I have had gifts and farewell parties after 6 months! It depends on the job I guess.

If you are smart, both employee and employer leave on good terms. Good people are hard to find and there is often value in letting them go, test out how green the grass is an welcome them back.

Its something I have seen (and done myself)