embarrassed in front of coworkers

My boss made a comment about how I dress inappropriately when I come into the office on the weekends .I come and work a full day oftentimes on Saturdays and Sundays . I often will wear my work out clothing . Sometimes I will wear leggings and sweater. Or jeans and a tshirt. I feel like it's the only chance I get to be comfortable while doing my work . I also feel like I need to give my work clothes a break. I wear suits normally.

Well I really wished if she had an issue with how I dressed that I was told this earlier and not in front of everybody . I was upset but I'm over that . I'm just gonna start wearing suits on the weekends

Anyways just wanted to vent.

I operate my own business with a half a dozen employees, all women. All attractive women. I like when they dress sexy, it makes the day go faster.

But there are limits. For example, I would have to comment if there was any cameltoe and express my displeasure. It's still a professional business and it can only go so far.

A pretty girl where I work used to wear a long sweater over tights and I just don't think she realized we could see her entire butt very clearly through the tights from the back. For work at any time, tights and sweater -- plus a skirt, or just wear proper pants. As another poster suggested, it's not any big sacrifice to simply put on a real shirt (with underwear of course) and wear jeans to work on weekends. Unless you have clients popping in or are expected to see clients at all, in which case weekends are like any other dress day.

• Author

Ok to clarify, i never wear anything where my butt is showing or anything showing a camel toe! (my butt / crotch is always covered up by my long top, if i am wearing tight pants. otherwise i'm wearing jeans or a dress). And this comment was referring to non-business days, like when i come in to do work on the weekend. and i believe she meant that i dress too casually.

Man, i didn't realize when i came in during MY time to do work on the weekends that my attire would be scrutinized. I mean i could see if i was dressed like a hooker... but i simply am wearing comfortable clothing. and yoga pants and a sweater isn't like, i'm about to run out and do Jane Fonda's aerobic work-out.

Well of course the other option is to respond that you are no longer available to work weekends anymore. Seriously. If they want you to work, they will have to accept what you wear.

We have a really strange dress code where I work, but I wear jeans 80% of the time I'm at work & it's ok. We're not seen by the client and we wear safety gear....but we aren't allowed bows or flowers in our hair! Heels have to be lower than 5cms too.

Sometimes we push the boundaries though.

In your case (OP) probably the yoga pants and a bit of jealousy going on there I think.

I'm all for professional attire during the workweek (see my previous post on that topic) but, to me, weekends are TOTALLY different, unless they are a part of your "normal" schedule and include client/customer contact.

When I come in to the office on weekends, I wear anything I want. Jogging pants...shorts...the t-shirt I slept in...it's all good because (this is important) no one is going to see me!

So if you work a M-F schedule but go in on the weekend to catch up on your work with no client contact, I would assume the rules would be relaxed. But then again, your boss apparently knows about your weekend attire. How does she know? Does everyone work on weekends? That would change my analysis.

I'm sure the girl in my office didn't think about her butt showing either, but in the course of work, she did occasionally have to bend over.

GorillaTheater

When I come in on weekends, I'm usually wearing shorts and a t-shirt, but I'm not dealing with clients and sometimes I'm the only one around.

Are you in contact with clients on the weekends, and how many of your co-workers are usually there?

Workout gear isn't something I have ever worn on a weekend at work.

That would be a bit too casual/possibly verging on the provocative for me.

Heck, even wearing yoga pants to the shops on a weekend is bad enough and garners too much attention so I haven't done that this summer and I'm in my mid forties!! Lol!

When I go into the office on a weekend there's just me and one or both of the IT guys. I would not wear yoga pants to work as to be honest I know both guys pretty well and they are friends - I would feel like I was trying to look sexy for them or something - uber weird!

Can you not just wear jeans on a weekend?