Getting Angry with Someone

How unprofessional do you think it is to get actually angry at someone at work (contractor or employee)?

I'm always cool as a fan but today I just lost it and sent a few very direct e-mails calling someone out. This person tried very hard to sabotage a project even though we are paying them hundreds of thousands of dollars to complete it. He tried to blame me for not completing his obligations which resulted in a long weekend of work and some pretty ridiculous requests that came off close to blackmail. A few other things were not completed as promised on top of this and I just lost it stating "We need to complete things when we say we are going to." etc. etc.

The project weighs very heavily on me for it's success so this behavior seriously rubbed me the wrong way. Unprofessional? Or a necessary conversation to be had?

Most likely a necessary conversation but calling someone out over email is usually unprofessional. These things need to be first handled with direct conversation, once the anger has subsided. Typically, taking emotion out of business/work situations will get you farther ahead.

Not to say that getting angry isn't appropriate, because it often is very justified. I wouldn't ever type an email while angry, though. And if I did, it would be edited and reviewed at a later date before sending it out.