You think I got the job?

Today I had an interview for a field rep position for a healthcare company. I would say it went pretty well except for about a couple of questions. I really didn't understand them and just said what was on my mind. He said they're looking for ppl who are computer literate and hiring to lighten the load of the other workers.

After that he gave me a tour of the whole place. At the end he thanked me and said "We'll keep in touch."

Usually when I get interviewed I get hired on the spot, but not today. So I'm feeling unsure. I'm guessing because he showed me everything and went into great detail about what the job is about, I got it? Appreciate your input.

Edited by Jordvn
  • Author
I wish I could say sure but honestly in this market it depends on who else was interviewed.

I see, all I'm worried about is the questions I couldn't answer correctly. Other than that, seems like they need new ppl who are good with computers and are willing to be on call.

• Like 1

ABC= ALWAYS Be Closing! Anytime you're on an interview, the entire goal is to get them to commit to the next step with you. That is what they're looking for. They want to know you'll be able to close deals with this job so if you just let the interview end without following up to ask "so what's the new step forward from here?" "Is there anyone else you'd like me to speak with regarding the position?" "Is there anyone you can recommend to me whom works here that I can reach out to and get some advice/suggestions on the best way to be successful here?"

Never accept "we'll let you know" or "we'll be in touch"... Anytime that is said then odds are you didn't get the job. So when you hear that you have nothing to lose by being even more aggressive. "What day next week should I follow up with you?" "Is there anything else you need to see or know about me that would let you know I'm the right fit for this position?"

There's no way to know for sure. I had an interview with this amazing company for an internship, and it went great (or so I thought) and they even told me during the interview they think they had a feeling about who they were going to choose. I was pretty surprised to find out I didn't get it.

I think the best thing to do is just be patient and wait, as hard as it is. None of us can really offer much incite as we weren't there with you. It really probably depends on who you're up against and if your skills and experience match the job description!

If you get it, congrats! If not, use it as a learning experience. I've been rejected from a lot of different places, and while it's upsetting, I've learned from each of those rejections and have bettered myself as a result.