First internship, In a dilemma

I'm in a dilemma and have no idea what to do.

I just got an internship at an IT company after months of trying and looking for jobs. I got this internship through reference mainly. This is my first ever internship.

The issue is, I'm planning to take a 2 day leave in my first month of internship as I've planned on traveling abroad to visit my girl. I've made her wait for more than a year and I don't want her to wait more. I have Saturday and Sunday off and I thought of taking leave on Friday and Monday. I already got my offer letter and I'll be joining in a couple of days. I don't know when to talk about this with them.

How do I go about this? Could I request them I'd be willing to work for more hours everyday so I could take a leave for 2 days later on? This visit is important for me.

This is not a big deal. Just tell them that you have a trip planned and will need the two days off. It's not like you're asking for two weeks... just two days.

In the future, let them know BEFORE you accept the offer. That's the correct thing to do.

• Like 1

Since you got this internship through a reference ask your reference for tips how to handle this.

Arabella is correct. The professional way to handle this is when they make you the offer, you enthusiastically say you want to accept it & you tell them you already have travel plans. Then you ask them if that is OK. Some firms may retract the offer at that point.

If push comes to shove, what will you do if they say no? Can your GF come to you?