My boss and the team made me cry today

HokeyReligions

I am the only person on the team that does not come from another company. Everyone is a contractor, but they all come from partner companies and have a regular salary and benefits and bonus's, etc. 'Cept me and one of the secretaries and I think she has benefits through her temporary agency!

Last week I brought little gifts for everyone on the team. Nothing expensive, just acrylic pic frames with a magnet on the back, a metal ornament (real pretty, I sold them for $5 each at the flea market (paid less than a dollar each)), and a candy cane, all tied up with ribbon. Today I brought in fudge. I do that no matter where I am at Christmas---I love to give and those are really just tokens of my appreciation and respect for everyone. They know that about me because I'll bring in treats periodically all year just because.

Today my boss comes over to my desk and hands me an envelope from the team. Full of cash. I mean FULL of cash! There's a couple of house payments in that envelope.

I cried. It's hard to make me cry - but this worked. I really am going to hate it when this project ends and we all move on to other things. This is the best boss and team I've ever worked with!

I also got special recognition at the Christmas Party last Friday night. I completed one part of a project early and under budget.

Oh Hokey! I'm very happy for you as well! Shows how much they appreciate you, I think I woulda keeled over, not just cried! ;)

I bet with this project ending the money will come in handy to help you out in between jobs... :) Congrads!

You're an amazing person Hoke.. so it's good to know that the people around you appreciate and care about you like that;)

Truly good karma - kinda balances out the creeps who are stealing your parking spots, eh?

Merry Christmas Hokey!

ah, hokey, now you've made ME cry, it is such a "Chicken Soup" moment!

your coworkers have done a wonderful thing in living out God's love when you've least expected it but needed it most.

Wow. Your Co Workers must really like and care about you. What a nice way to show how they do.

That would've really touched me too if my Co Workers did something like that.

I'm happy for you too and I agree with some other posts treat yourself! Why not? It's Christmas!

curiousnycgirl

How perfectly wonderful! I was getting all set to write some words of encouragement when I saw the name of this thread. Clearly you don't need that! How very lovely to be appreciated and recognized in that manner - you must be very special! Clearly you deserve it!