THings I learned

mortensorchid

I have never posted in this section before. I have been terminated from every job I have ever had. In the last one, I was working as a teacher. I wanted to give some who may or may not know some things about the education world ...

NEVER call your fellow teachers or administrators by their first names. They may be just a bit or a lot older/younger than you, but always call them Miss/Mrs./Mr. (Smith) on the job. It's a power trip to some of them, to be sure, but it's so the other students will follow correctly. I learned this the hard way.

Also, remember ALWAYS no matter what kind of job you have that coworkers are not friends. It's easy for you to think that they are friends because you spend more time with them than you will anyone else. But they are not, not by any means. Be on guard with them at all times, they will stab you in the back.

somewhat great advice! Sounds like you experienced this first hand, so it has its merits.

Being anti social in the work environment is not the answer though.

A guy i dated had your philosophy and he yelled at his daughter one day (she was 7 and had a sad incident at school). He said " listen here! you are there to learn, not make friends! So what if little carrie hurt you! " .. it was in that moment that i learned what a sociopath is like. He had zero empathy or concern for anything other then the robotic resolve to simply do with zero regard in mind.

your co workers are living breathing people. social friendliness can be had.