I have a crush on my boss. I don't want to

shortnsweet2015

So.. since November 2014 I've been working at my favorite craft store. I was referred by one of my good friends so I got in immediately. Once I got there, I remembered a man that used to help me when I was a shopper. I remember because he was one of the most handsome men I'd ever seen. He had awesome blue eyes. Friends at work call him Bruce (Bruce Willis). He's an older gentleman. (I'm 27) he's married with two daughters. His wife is a beautiful blonde. His daughter I've seen at the store and she is beautiful as well. Everyone loves him because he is very smart, funny, and down to earth. My co-workers know I have a crush on him and I've been told to get in line. Lol They even told me a story where a male employee wrote him a letter asking him out, and my boss politely shrugged it off, and that was it. I really hope that he doesn't know I have a crush. I am not as bold as the former employee who wrote him a letter. Lol. We joke with each other but he does with everyone. Not just me. I really doubt he would even consider anything inappropriate. I believe it's really just me. I wish it would go away because I feel ridiculous. I would NEVER do anything with him and I don't want to. Even if by the 1 in the trillion chance he was interested, I still couldn't. I get nervous around him, and I wish that would stop as well. Also, I know it may be bad to say, I highly doubt he would even look at someone like me. I'm 4' 11, I've been told I look like I am biracial (but I am not). On the thicker side. I'm not saying this to be racist is just judging by his wife I highly doubt I would be his type..I am not girly, and I have a son and a boyfriend(who may be in the same age range as my boss). I feel ashamed because I shouldn't be feeling this way. I just want it to go away. I've had dreams (nothing sexual), but they are always as if we are flirting. But it's never been that way in real life. I often wonder what he's like outside of work. But when I see his car is not at work, I am relieved, and I feel better when he's not at work. How can I get rid of this feeling? Sorry this is so long

Edited by shortnsweet2015
misspelled words

You have full control of yourself. Once you want to stop crushing and being miserable about it, you will just make yourself stop. You know it's going nowhere. I don't even know why you're listing all the many reasons it can't go anywhere, because obviously nothing is going on there except in your mind. You just need to face reality and respect the man enough not to even consider making him uncomfortable -- and respect yourself and your man as well. If you aren't happy in your relationship, start there and get a new boyfriend, but you know as well as I do this is not going to happen.

• Like 2

Sometimes crushes like this one are difficult to break. You've been allowing your mind to fixate on these fantasy scenarios for so long now, it's proving difficult to think of him in a reality. The mind is a powerful thing.

I heard a counselor say once, "you have to retrain your vision." In other words, change the way you think of him. It takes time but your mind will eventually start to cooperate. Good luck!

In time you will get used to being around him and the crush will fade. It's not 6 months yet since you started. Just remain professional.

I work for a George Clooney look alike, all the ladies adore him as well as being handsome, he's the loveliest guy in the place!

So.. since November 2014 I've been working at my favorite craft store. I was referred by one of my good friends so I got in immediately. Once I got there, I remembered a man that used to help me when I was a shopper. I remember because he was one of the most handsome men I'd ever seen. He had awesome blue eyes. Friends at work call him Bruce (Bruce Willis). He's an older gentleman. (I'm 27) he's married with two daughters. His wife is a beautiful blonde. His daughter I've seen at the store and she is beautiful as well. Everyone loves him because he is very smart, funny, and down to earth. My co-workers know I have a crush on him and I've been told to get in line. Lol They even told me a story where a male employee wrote him a letter asking him out, and my boss politely shrugged it off, and that was it. I really hope that he doesn't know I have a crush. I am not as bold as the former employee who wrote him a letter. Lol. We joke with each other but he does with everyone. Not just me. I really doubt he would even consider anything inappropriate. I believe it's really just me. I wish it would go away because I feel ridiculous. I would NEVER do anything with him and I don't want to. Even if by the 1 in the trillion chance he was interested, I still couldn't. I get nervous around him, and I wish that would stop as well. Also, I know it may be bad to say, I highly doubt he would even look at someone like me. I'm 4' 11, I've been told I look like I am biracial (but I am not). On the thicker side. I'm not saying this to be racist is just judging by his wife I highly doubt I would be his type..I am not girly, and I have a son and a boyfriend(who may be in the same age range as my boss). I feel ashamed because I shouldn't be feeling this way. I just want it to go away. I've had dreams (nothing sexual), but they are always as if we are flirting. But it's never been that way in real life. I often wonder what he's like outside of work. But when I see his car is not at work, I am relieved, and I feel better when he's not at work. How can I get rid of this feeling? Sorry this is so long

Give it time and just remain professional for the time being. when you find someone else to crush on it will fade

• Author
shortnsweet2015

I appreciate those who actually responded to my post respectfully and gave me a straight forward answer however I do have Jesus in my life and I know that I have full control of myself I have never made a pass at this man nor do I intend to. I know that I have given reasons as to why we shouldn't do anything further but as I stated in the post I would never do anything even if there was a chance. I simply wanted to know what I should do in this situation I guess I went about it the wrong way. I thought that adults were able to speak to someone about a situation like this. I do not think that I have made him uncomfortable because I haven't said a word to him unless he says something to me first and it is never unprofessional we always keep it professional and if he is being funny or joking around we joke and that's it it is nothing further and as I stated and I will state again nothing will come of this as I already said so stating the obvious is not helping the situation but thanks anyway