My coworkers are seriously hatin' on me!

MarilynMonroe

i don't know what it is about me, but my coworkers are now starting to f*** with me really bad. ok, normally at work i were stretch jeans and a cut shirt or sweater, but i'm not all dolled up... so yesterday when i came in with a fitted, stipped v-neck shirt and a black skirt that came a little bit pass my knees and knee high boots and my hair down and curled really pretty, i got weird comments. well, first of all, i'm a 21 year old college student so of course sometimes i wanna dress up and look cute. it's a female thing.

anyway, the first situation happened when Tracy (who's in her late 30's and married but tries to get with my 19 year old virgin friend bryant) said that when i crossed my legs she could see my a**. first of all if my skirt falls pass my knees, u're not going to see my a**. and if it would have been showing, my friends in my area would have seen it and said something. this chick was sitting in a cubicle around the corner. and we're supposed to be on speaking terms cuz she'll smile in my face, but i know when i walk around she's talking sh**. but anyway, instead of coming to me to tell me that she supposedly say my a**. she tried to report me to a supervisor. my friend bryant told me because he overheard their conversation and they were staring pretty hard at me, but whatever. no supervisors said anything to me.

next, i was told that my tummy showing was offensive... ok, at my job we do have a dress code and u're not supposed to show ur belly. well, my shirt didn't show my belly when it was pulled down all the way, but it is made out of a material where u pull it down so it covers everything, but then it rolls up a little. but u couldnt' see my belly button or anything. and not even half and inch of my stomach was showing, and i've seen girls wear shirts to work that show their belly button and no one reported them. but then angel (whos' 31 and married and used to be my friend. we used to go out to eat every payday and go shopping together) came up to me and said "do u know u're belly is showing?" I said, "ok.. and?" then she said "well, that's offensive" and i just looked at her like b**** get out of my face. then her friend Tina (also older and married) told me that i've been reported to a supervisor and she had attitude in her voice. i was like "ok.. and?" then she told my friends that my good old friend Reverend Forney, reported me. Tina said he was mad at me because earlier this week Tina was talking about how she was mad that he told her she was going to hell... I told her that he told me that too before and that i went off on him and told him that if he's a true christian and a true minister then he should know that he is not supposed to judge and has no right to say i'm going to hell when he has no hell to put me in... ya know? so supposedly he reported me, which wouldn't shock me because he is too faced.

the thing that gets me is that i don't mess with people. i stay to myself and just talk to my circle of friends. i don't pick on people are talk about them. i just mind my own business. i'm just there to pay my bills. also, the people who are talking about me used to be my "friends". also, i felt like i was being attacked. and just to let y'all know, me and my friend bryant asked our supervisor and another supervisor if they found my outfit offensive, they both said no and thought i looked very nice. mysupervisor told me that if they really did report me and another supervisor came to talk to me about it, to send them his way and he'd take care of them. i mean if my outfit was really that bad, i think that at least one of the 5 supervisors that were constantly walkign through my area to see if we needed any help would have said something. i mean i chit chatted with one and i was standing up so she saw my full outfit and the only thing she said about it was "where did u get those boots? i love them!"

so i just want to know why are these people who are at least 10 years older than me, messing with me. i'm like a kid to them. and can anyone give me any good comeback lines for when they f*** with me. i'm not good at talking s*** to people cuz i'm too nice to people. my mom says that's why they pick on me. :bunny:

Best Advise I can give you.. Don't get involved in "He said, she said bullsh*t"

Once it starts.. it never stops.

If you are getting ready for work, make sure you're wearing something professional.. regardless of what other people have managed to "get by with" at work. IF there is ANY doubt in your mind that your outfit may not be professional or appropriate for work, don't wear it.

It is possible that some of the older people whom work with you may feel you are a "kid" and the only way to overcome this, is to maintain a positive, mature, professional attitude. Don't get involved in office gossip by listening to it, and for real don't participate in it.

Kill people with KINDNESS.. because you've said you are generally a nice person to begin with.. use this to your benefit. Smile and greet your co-workers (even the ones you don't care for) maintain a professional relationship with them.

Don't dress like a slob and don't dress like your going to a club.

That's what "business-dress casual" intimates generally speaking.

From what you said to me, stretch jeans are fine in the office. Where I work, everyone puts on a pair of jeans once or twice a week. If they are those "Ultra Low-Rise" jeans, make sure you have a long nice sweater to cover them up or a blazer jacket to cover it. I would make sure my skirts don't expose my organs and my hiny too. Whenever I decide to wear a skirt shorter than ankle length, I do a test. I try it on the night before and bend down or squat as much as I can and look in the mirror. If I see what looks like what my gynocologist sees when I pay her a yearly check-up, it's not being worn to work! I'd knock off the midriff tops as well. Also, save the shirts that have the tendancy to roll up whenever you move your torso or lift your arms---those shirts tend to make our bodies look worse since they squeeze some areas and let the rest hang out. They are unattractive altogether. Donate them to the poor!

Mix and match. If you wear jeans, make sure it's with nice black boots and a nice professional-like blouse, clean and in good taste. Wear them on a Thurs or Fri, people tend to become more casual at the end of the work week. Wear pretty black pants with a nice bootleg or flare and a collared shirt or a knit blouse. Pinstriped pants are nice as well...they can be worn to work or for a night out with a sexy shirt (leave the sexy shirt in the car and change into it after 5:00 and head out to the clubs!). Wear skirts that come past the knees or to ankles.

These people don't hate you, they are not making fun of you either. They are trying to slip you hints that your appearance is inappropriate

Hon,

Don't hate me for saying it, but chances are they don't hate you for your fashion taste, but for your attitude.

Sorry. Just be carefull, even though you don't say nasty stuff, body language says a million stories. Killer looks, expression o your face... Maybe they're a bit offended by you. Not because you're younger, prettier or smarter. But because of what they think you think about them.

Be aware of it and even though you may have your own opinions about them, keep them for yourself. Focus on the job and try to make things pleasant at work. No one will do that for you.

It's a tough world out there, no need to make it tougher ;).

There are two things here:

1) People often hate on young pretty things in the workplace. This is true, inescapable and about the only place this is never an issue is in my job as a stripper, whereby i am lucky enough to work with a great bunch of girls who are secure enough in their own looks to be complimentary and honest rather than b*tchy. However...

2) there is also the issue of appropriate work wear, and anything that rolls up to expose your skin should not be worn to work. Keep people's minds on how great you are at your job, not how ill fitting your clothes are! Plus, if you wear well fitting clothes - and i do not mean cover every scrap of your body burqha style i just mean, look like you stepped out of the pages of Harpers and Queen - people will not be able to pick this fault.

Heck, i dress nothing like my out of work or night time self when i am in the office, but i do wear bright pink stilettos and matching neck scarf, a trilby hat or red suit. It's about style and function. So i say go for it - knock em dead with your style and looks, (because they will still be jealous, but that's not your problem) but don't give them the ammo to openly complain or make official moves against you. If they do continue to bad mouth you, avoid interacting with you, treat you less favourably then they are moving into the realms of discrimination (in the legal sense) and you have every right to ask your employers to tackle them and make it stop.

most women hate you. It's just human nature. Women don't want to see another pretty woman happy. THat's why many pretty women have few friends, few bf's, and few places to go. Because women are jealous, exclude them out of sociallizing and tear men away from them. There's a great deal of discrimination against pretty women believe it or not.

• Author
MarilynMonroe
Originally posted by crisp

Hon,

Don't hate me for saying it, but chances are they don't hate you for your fashion taste, but for your attitude.

Sorry. Just be carefull, even though you don't say nasty stuff, body language says a million stories. Killer looks, expression o your face... Maybe they're a bit offended by you. Not because you're younger, prettier or smarter. But because of what they think you think about them.

Be aware of it and even though you may have your own opinions about them, keep them for yourself. Focus on the job and try to make things pleasant at work. No one will do that for you.

It's a tough world out there, no need to make it tougher ;).

I'm not the one with the attitude problem they are. Let me explain all these women to u...

First, there's Tracy. Tracy is the common criminal of the bunch. I mean she was suspended not too long ago because she was arrested and had to go to court for perscription fraud. She also stole money from my friend Bobby who no longer works with us. But putting all that aside, Tracy likes to smile in my face and then call me names behind my back. I'm like this. If I don't like u, I'm not going to talk to u at all. I will not pretend to like u and then wait for u to turn the corner so I can start talking about u. That's very childish and do I need to add that the woman is in her late 30's.

Next, there's Angel. Angel and I used to be friends and we'd go out to eat a few times a week. She stopped talking to me after I told her that I couldn't afford to keep going out to the Chinese Buffet and Ruby Tuesdays with her several times a week. She looked at me funny when I said that. Then I had to remind her that I live on my own with only my income and I don't work a full 40 hours about because I'm in school. I was like... I have bills! She has a husband who's a manager at a factory and she has her income and her house is paid for so she has more money than I do. But it seemed like the next day she started asking my friend Christina (who is even broker than I am) to go out to eat and go shopping and stuff. And Angel wouldn't talk to me anymore. I'd try to talk to her or ask her a question and she'd look at me for a second and then act like I wasn't there and start talking to Christina without even responding to me. And this chick just turned 31.

Another chick is Civita... I have a few issues with Civita. But my main two issues are first that she is over twice my size, but she calls me fat... and then she thinks that since she's dating a black man, she can say the "n word" whenever she wants to... (I don't like the word at all and I don't think it should ever be used that and includes its use in rap music, which i'm not a major fan of) that really offends me. In fact, next time she says it I'm going to report her because she likes to report people who are supposed to be her friends for stupid stuff and I'm not talking about me.

And there's LaRossa. She's just mean. She thinks that everyone is scare of her because she's big and has a gold tooth. I personally heard her say that people are so scared of her.

And further info... just to show u how childish these women are... last saturday, they all got into an argument and were about to go outside and fight all over some he said she said stuff.

And about me... I just go to work to get paid so I can take care of myself and my bills in my last year of college. I'm not the type of girl that starts stuff. I made A's since middle school and I graduated #3 out of 300+ in my class. So I'm not a trouble maker and I don't have an attitude problem. The thing about me that some people might take the wrong way is I don't hang around people who I consider trouble. I mean I have goals and i'm not trying to ruin that by messing around with the wrong crowd. All these women do is sit around and gossip all day. I don't have time for that. I normally sit around a few people who are closer to my age and we're just goofy durign our free moments. I don't have any prejudices against the people at work. I mean, the people are sit by are from different walks of life and different backgrounds, different races, and different sizes. I don't think i express an attitude towards these women... My mom says that's the problem. I'm the type of person who will let people get away with saying harsh stuff to me only to avoid getting to a situation that might compromise my job. Plus, I don't have time for "beef."

I work in a customer care call center. We don't have offices. We don't have our own cubicles. We just come in and do our shift and pick up all our sh** and go home or whever we came from. I do not consider this a career. This is just a stepping stone. And the thing is if my supervisor and several other supervisors didn't find any problem with my outfit, why should they? Why are they all up in my a**. I'm not a cocky person, but if they say one more thing to me, my response will make them think I am. It seems like they go out of their way to try to ruin someone's day. Civita upset my friend Karrie last weekend by telling her she looked like sh** and that her face was swollen. Karrie had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend and had been crying right before she came to work.. that's why she looked like sh** but Civita kept prying into her business and insulting her. I wouldn't have a problem with these women if they just left me the hell alone. It has nothing to do with me having an attitude problem or me making dirty looks at anyone. These are just bitter women because they know their lives are going nowhere and mine is if I stay in school and keep on the right track. And if I really did have an attitude problem, then why aren't girls my age gettign mad at me and verbally attacking me??? :bunny:

Originally posted by MarilynMonroe

I'm not the one with the attitude problem they are. Let me explain all these women to u...

First, there's Tracy. Tracy is the common criminal of the bunch. I mean she was suspended not too long ago because she was arrested and had to go to court for perscription fraud. She also stole money from my friend Bobby who no longer works with us. But putting all that aside, Tracy likes to smile in my face and then call me names behind my back. I'm like this. If I don't like u, I'm not going to talk to u at all. I will not pretend to like u and then wait for u to turn the corner so I can start talking about u. That's very childish and do I need to add that the woman is in her late 30's.

Next, there's Angel. Angel and I used to be friends and we'd go out to eat a few times a week. She stopped talking to me after I told her that I couldn't afford to keep going out to the Chinese Buffet and Ruby Tuesdays with her several times a week. She looked at me funny when I said that. Then I had to remind her that I live on my own with only my income and I don't work a full 40 hours about because I'm in school. I was like... I have bills! She has a husband who's a manager at a factory and she has her income and her house is paid for so she has more money than I do. But it seemed like the next day she started asking my friend Christina (who is even broker than I am) to go out to eat and go shopping and stuff. And Angel wouldn't talk to me anymore. I'd try to talk to her or ask her a question and she'd look at me for a second and then act like I wasn't there and start talking to Christina without even responding to me. And this chick just turned 31.

Another chick is Civita... I have a few issues with Civita. But my main two issues are first that she is over twice my size, but she calls me fat... and then she thinks that since she's dating a black man, she can say the "n word" whenever she wants to... (I don't like the word at all and I don't think it should ever be used that and includes its use in rap music, which i'm not a major fan of) that really offends me. In fact, next time she says it I'm going to report her because she likes to report people who are supposed to be her friends for stupid stuff and I'm not talking about me.

And there's LaRossa. She's just mean. She thinks that everyone is scare of her because she's big and has a gold tooth. I personally heard her say that people are so scared of her.

And further info... just to show u how childish these women are... last saturday, they all got into an argument and were about to go outside and fight all over some he said she said stuff.

And about me... I just go to work to get paid so I can take care of myself and my bills in my last year of college. I'm not the type of girl that starts stuff. I made A's since middle school and I graduated #3 out of 300+ in my class. So I'm not a trouble maker and I don't have an attitude problem. The thing about me that some people might take the wrong way is I don't hang around people who I consider trouble. I mean I have goals and i'm not trying to ruin that by messing around with the wrong crowd. All these women do is sit around and gossip all day. I don't have time for that. I normally sit around a few people who are closer to my age and we're just goofy durign our free moments. I don't have any prejudices against the people at work. I mean, the people are sit by are from different walks of life and different backgrounds, different races, and different sizes. I don't think i express an attitude towards these women... My mom says that's the problem. I'm the type of person who will let people get away with saying harsh stuff to me only to avoid getting to a situation that might compromise my job. Plus, I don't have time for "beef."

I work in a customer care call center. We don't have offices. We don't have our own cubicles. We just come in and do our shift and pick up all our sh** and go home or whever we came from. I do not consider this a career. This is just a stepping stone. And the thing is if my supervisor and several other supervisors didn't find any problem with my outfit, why should they? Why are they all up in my a**. I'm not a cocky person, but if they say one more thing to me, my response will make them think I am. It seems like they go out of their way to try to ruin someone's day. Civita upset my friend Karrie last weekend by telling her she looked like sh** and that her face was swollen. Karrie had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend and had been crying right before she came to work.. that's why she looked like sh** but Civita kept prying into her business and insulting her. I wouldn't have a problem with these women if they just left me the hell alone. It has nothing to do with me having an attitude problem or me making dirty looks at anyone. These are just bitter women because they know their lives are going nowhere and mine is if I stay in school and keep on the right track. And if I really did have an attitude problem, then why aren't girls my age gettign mad at me and verbally attacking me??? :bunny:

That's pretty messed up. If it didn't say you were from Tennessee I'd think your office was smack dab in the middle of compton, and your employer was Smokey from Friday. It sounds like these women have no class. Big and scary, criminals, good teeth, fights like what you'd find in a jailyard??? You should represent yourself with class and not give one thought to what these women are doing. They're older and stuck in a job they'll probably retire from. You're young and have a brighter future, just remember that. Remove yourself from their drama. Use your ears, not your mouth. Just go there, do your job, and leave. If they continue to harass you report them. It's against the law.

These co-workers are either jealous of you for some reason, or they hate their job. Plain and simple. Happy people do not find the time to pick on people for trivial reasons. Ingore them and take comfort in the fact that your enemies are miserable.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that they are for the most part unhappy with themselves. I am a college student also (nursing), and when I was working at a nursing home as a cna, I found that the LPN's really didn't like me and two other girls who are also in nursing school. I think it is because all of us are in school to become RN's, and we all will be within two years, while they are still LPN's is their late thrities and forties. I guess life just didn't pan out for them. But that wasn't my problem, just like these people aren't your problem. I would say stay out of their way, and ignore them. But if they disrespect you feel free to tell them about themselves, just remember not to get of set and say what you have to say in a respectful tone, and in a professional manner.

Hey

I am a victim of petty, jealous women and I am in my 40's ...so it doesn't go away with age. If you are a happy, beautiful women. There will always be someone to try and knock you down. Believe me I have been going through it for over 5 years. It isn't fun, but survivable.