Getting ready for the second interview *help*

I post here all the time and I thought since you guys are always so helpful I wanted to ask you all about preparing for a second interview. I have applied to a prestigious hotel for a Guest Services position and I’m interested to know if you have any advice on what I should expect. I’ve never had to go through 3 – 4 interviews for a job, so I’m wondering what to expect for the second interview. I had a pre-interview over the phone with the HR manager, an interview with the Assistant Director of the hotel and now I’ll have one with the Director of the hotel.

I assume I should bring up pay at this interview, and what kind of questions should I ask that I haven’t already discussed.

I would be thankful for any tips.

Thank you, in advance.

Ask questions. Clarify what your role will be. What responsibilities will you have. When the director describes the responsibilities make sure you relate to the discussion. If he/she states that one of the main focuses would be to be able to interact with highly irritable customers then you should share a previous position where you have had to do that exact thing. Explain how you handled the situation and how you ensure that the customer was happy. Relate to the position.

Ask what they feel are the greatest challenges of this position. Ask what they are looking for and what qualities/skills do they feel are important in being successful in this position. Approach the challenges as problem solving. Respond as though you already have the job. Make suggestions. Provide ideas.

Ask about the company. Ask what their mission is and how they approach their business. Give the impression that you are interested in working for a company that has the same values as you. Give the impression that you are interested in the company as a whole and not just interested in getting a paycheck.

Has salary not been addressed at all? Did you not include your salary requirements on your resume? Do you have a range for what the position pays? Has no one already informed you of the benefits provided? Personally, I wouldn't bring up the subject of salary. If the director is interested they will probably bring it up. That is if no one has already told you the range. Once you're offered the position then you come to an agreement on your salary. After they already decide that you're the one they want to hire, you have more leverage with what you want your salary to be. Trying to negotiate a salary before you even have the job is inappropriate in my opinion.

Good luck :)