3 months - Salary Review

Is it common to have a salary raise after 3 months? Or a 3 month probation period?

When I accepted my offer in an email the manager had listed one of the terms being the following statement:

Salary review to occur 3 months after starting

So does that mean it is a guarantee raise?

Now, I don't know if that exact line was used in the actual contract I signed. But, it was agreed upon through email earlier and then a contract was signed.

Also, during my 3 month evaluation interview, what if my manager forgets to bring up a salary review or increase or even talk about it? Do, I then remind him about it in a nice way?

Lastly, does anyone know what a typical increase is after 3 months? 10% increase?

Thanks.

Is it common to have a salary raise after 3 months? Or a 3 month probation period?

It can be common, yes.

When I accepted my offer in an email the manager had listed one of the terms being the following statement:

Salary review to occur 3 months after starting

So does that mean it is a guarantee raise?

No it isn't a guaranteed raise, it's a salary review.

Now, I don't know if that exact line was used in the actual contract I signed. But, it was agreed upon through email earlier and then a contract was signed.

Also, during my 3 month evaluation interview, what if my manager forgets to bring up a salary review or increase or even talk about it? Do, I then remind him about it in a nice way?

Check your contract to see if it's mentioned and then remind your boss of your probationary review a week or so in advance.

If it isn't mentioned in your contract then you should check with HR whether the salary review is applicable.

Lastly, does anyone know what a typical increase is after 3 months? 10% increase?

I would think 10% is very optimistic.

I would base your figures on maybe 2% gross as an estimate.

Of course it all depends what type of role it is, the market and what the companies salary trends are, along with how your performance has been during probation.

Edited by GemmaUK

I had my review at 6 months and would have gotten anywhere from 50 cents to $1 raise. My only issue was to much surfing the web at work, though I did my job well. I didn't get one this time, but most likely I will at the 12 month review. After 3 months, I wouldn't expect much, if any unless you are grossly underpaid or you're a temp to perm employee.

:lmao::lmao: IF ONLY!!

I hit my year mark and we received 2% raises. At three months you're definitely not going to make a jump of 10% raise, if anything at all.

They'll evaluate your performance and will either give you a slight bump, or keep you as is.

• 5 months later...
  • Author

If anyone wants to know.. I believe it was a 6.5% raise.. I was hoping for more, but it's still pretty good.

This is also coming off a very successful project I worked on in only month 2. So, I impressed people off early on in the game.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator