A couple months ago I got hit in the face at work by a girl who had a personal, jealousy related problem with me..

I didn't hit her back, because obviously that's not my style. I can talk about my problems and I find it very stupid to try and settle things physically. Also I kept in the back of my mind that I wanted to keep my job...

So indeed, she got fired, I kept my job. All was good. Until a mont ago they decided not to renew my contract because of all the things that had happened.

Basically, I did not defend myself, because I wanted to keep my job. And then I got laid off a couple months later anyway...

So now I cant shake the feeling of her being superior over me because she got the 'last word'... I know it's really stupid and an ego problem, but still I cant shake it

What can I do to get over this?

Lately I've also been thinking about what if I ever run into this girl...should I approach her about what she did, since we dont work together anymore?

• Author
File a workers' compensation action

I'm not really sure what that is? Or if it even exists here in Europe?

So you feel that someone who assaults you and gets fired is superior to you? REALLY? That’s some really twisted logic. She’s a street thug.

I have no idea what you mean by her getting “the last word”. That makes no sense. I also have no idea why you would consider “confronting” her if you see her again or what you hope to accomplish. That would be really dumb.

You need to stop allowing her to control your mind. If you can’t stop thinking about it get some professional counseling.

Your employer obviously decided they no longer want your services. Look for another job and MOVE ON with your life. If it would make you feel better consult with an attorney to see if you can take any legal action - but I doubt it.

• Like 3
whichwayisup
A couple months ago I got hit in the face at work by a girl who had a personal, jealousy related problem with me..

I didn't hit her back, because obviously that's not my style. I can talk about my problems and I find it very stupid to try and settle things physically. Also I kept in the back of my mind that I wanted to keep my job...

So indeed, she got fired, I kept my job. All was good. Until a mont ago they decided not to renew my contract because of all the things that had happened.

Basically, I did not defend myself, because I wanted to keep my job. And then I got laid off a couple months later anyway...

So now I cant shake the feeling of her being superior over me because she got the 'last word'... I know it's really stupid and an ego problem, but still I cant shake it

What can I do to get over this?

Lately I've also been thinking about what if I ever run into this girl...should I approach her about what she did, since we dont work together anymore?

You do need to let it go. She was fired and she's not around anymore.

It sucks that your company has chosen not to renew your contract, like it or not, they have a right to not renew it. Maybe it is because of the past situation and the drama it caused.. Either way it's done and you need to work hard on looking ahead to your next job and put this all behind you. let go of ego, let go of resentment and the past. What counts is the now.

• Like 2

You need to forget about it. Think of yourself as superior to that girl or your ex-company. Being framed and misunderstood is such a common affair in life I guess.

• Like 1

I would not have made a fuss about it, especially if she had been drinking. How much could she hurt you, really? Any kind of personal involvement with colleagues will put you in a bad light if you are not careful. I would have walked away and not talked to her at least for a while but would not have got her fired. Now you are seen as a troublemaker. Sometimes 'being right' doesn't matter as much as keeping a job.

You probably can't do much about a contract. Most countries don't have protection for contracting workers.

What you have posted is all on her at the moment.

What actually happened?

A company would not let go of an employee because that person had been hit by an employee who they fired as a result.

They backed you up so it makes no sense.

What caused her to hit you?

Specifically?

Also, has there been any more recent issues with any staff which could potentially go the same way?

I'd consider both events water under the bridge and focus on obtaining employment. Don't get romantically/sexually involved with coworkers.

There's no good purpose to confronting this woman. If she was fine with hitting you at your mutual employer's, what would her reaction towards you be if you approached her in a regular social setting? Why invite more fallout? Move on with your life and hopefully she will move on with hers.

• Like 1
  • Author
I would not have made a fuss about it, especially if she had been drinking. How much could she hurt you, really? Any kind of personal involvement with colleagues will put you in a bad light if you are not careful. I would have walked away and not talked to her at least for a while but would not have got her fired. Now you are seen as a troublemaker. Sometimes 'being right' doesn't matter as much as keeping a job.

You probably can't do much about a contract. Most countries don't have protection for contracting workers.

What you have posted is all on her at the moment.

What actually happened?

A company would not let go of an employee because that person had been hit by an employee who they fired as a result.

They backed you up so it makes no sense.

What caused her to hit you?

Specifically?

Also, has there been any more recent issues with any staff which could potentially go the same way?

In short: a coleague was leaving and I got to organize a goodbye. This girl was friends for a longer time with this colleague and didn't appreciate the fact that I got to organize this party. She started putting up an attitude against me and being arrogant. When I asked her to be professional since we cannot work together like this, she ignored it and continued.

I withdrew from the organization after she badmouthed me to her friend whom I was organizing the party for.

Then she started doing the badmouthing to more and more colleagues. What surprised me most was that even people who I was close with, turned against me after this girl started gossiping about me. From the start I decided to stay out of all the gossiping. I thought me not adding fuel would eventually cause her gossiping and hate spread spree to blow over...but the opposite happened. The more I kept my mouth shut, the more co-workers sided with her.

Up until today, I still don't know what she told them about me.

When the situation was out of control and she still kept her attitude, my boss decided to fire her for her behaviour.

The next day she came to work and asked if she could talk to me. I am always available to solve situations by talking so I said yes. Well, she couldn't talk, she just yelled a couple things and then hit me.

Upon this she was fired from the store altogether, not just from the brand I used to work for.

Then I got transferred since she had managed to turn several employees against me, and my boss thought it would be a hostile workplace for me.

I got along very well with the new co-workers but still my boss decided to not renew my contract.

I found out her reason: she had given me 2 days off after the incident. She had taken those days off my vacation days, and failed to mention to head quarters what the exact reason for my being off was. I guess to save her own ass or something. I found out when I saw that she had changed the days of these vacation days, and spread them over the month, instead of putting them on the 2 days that I was actually off. She probably did this so that it looked as if I took the days off myself.

I wrote everything that happened to HR, and they decided to refund my vacation days. I don't know what happened to my old boss, since I don't speak to her any longer.

I have never had any troubles with people in my life.

I must say that I have been under attacks of girls in the past. In high school I was bullied by some girls and when I was smaller I was bullied by some neighbour girls as well. Maybe this was something like that...an adult bullying thing. I see a pattern here so there's definitely some issue about me that I have to find out, and work on.

Just feels bad to be screwed over twice..once by a stupid co-worker who decides to make your life miserable, just because she doesn't get to organize a party, and then by your boss who decides it's better off when you leave AND lies to head quarters about what happened, so that they don't pay all your earned vacation hours.

You say you've never had trouble with people in the past then in the next breath you talk about problems with high school bullies and neighbors. Now you havptoblemx with boss and coworkers. There are other inconsistencies. Oh well, good luck.

• Author
You say you've never had trouble with people in the past then in the next breath you talk about problems with high school bullies and neighbors. Now you havptoblemx with boss and coworkers. There are other inconsistencies. Oh well, good luck.

I wonder how being bullied is having problems with people, could you explain? Does someone ask to be bullied?

Also, I wonder how it is me having problems with people when my boss is simply trying to save her company money by not paying me what I've earned.

Your former coworker sounds like a basket case. Hitting someone during the course of a petty dispute is losing control - if she doesn't learn how to handle disagreements, she's going to keep screwing up her life. She deserved to get terminated; you didn't get her fired, her choices and actions did. That's her problem, not yours, and I would have nothing to do with her.

Your former employer, whether it's fair or not, may have been perfectly within their rights to not extend your contract. Best thing to do is to get back into the job market, view this as the sort of company to avoid working for in the future.

• Like 1