Hey! So I need help. So I've been dating my boyfriend for 3 years. He's 25 and I'm 23. We have a great relationship and get along great and have an amazing time together. He's my best friend. I've helped him out a lot with getting a job and a car. I do a lot for him and he had moved into my home for a year to help him get on his feet. The only problem is is that he is used to cheating and being a player. When he met me he said he had changed and wanted to change. So I have him a chance and we started dating. It was great until we moved knot and apartment and I found him sexting/txting girls. I was so hurt by this but wasn't ready to give him up. Since then, he has continued to do this and has lost all my trust but I didn't have many friends and he was/is my whole world so I've tried to move past it. In September I started school for skincare. It's going really well, I feel more independent and have met a lot of new friends. One girl I got really close with and she invited me out with her and her friends one night. While we were out I met this guy and he blew me away. He babysits like I do and he also has a shark tattoo like I do too! We got along and have been talking evr since. I told my boyfriend we needed a break so I can figure things out and ever since then he's been trying to change and doesn't want me to leave him. Me and the new guy have been hanging out often and I know he wants to be with me but idk if I should leave my boyfriend or not. I was never looking for anyone but when I met the new guy I kind of out in my head it's ok to talk to him cus my boyfriend has been doing this all our relationship. I felt bad so I broke up with my boyfriend and told him idk if I want to continue this cus I don't trust u and if we get back together u might do this to me again. He said he's changed and has been trying to get me back but idk what to do cus I love him so much but I'm scared if I don't give this new guy a chance I might regret it, but I also don't want to lose my boyfriend cus I do love h. I know this is crazy and stuff but I've been dealing with this for 3 months and still don't know who to be with. The new guy knows about my boyfriend and know we have broken up but is worried I'll get back with him. All my friends say to leave my boyfriend for good and go with the new guy, but idk if I'm ready yet...please help!

From what you told me, your old bf has been using you for financial things plus cheating on you. I do realize you can love someone even when they treat you bad, but you need to love yourself enough not to settle for that kind of treatment. When you first started telling about how you've helped him, you sounded more like his parent. Parent/child relationships don't work in a romantic setting, as should be clear from his continuous cheating.

Whether this new guy had come along or not, you should be kinder to yourself by having higher standards. Love doesn't mean you can or should live with them forever. Love doesn't make you obligated to be with them no matter what treatment you're getting. He is not going to change overnight. He is just used to getting his way and thinks all he has to do is make you an empty promise to get you back. It's time he stood on his own anyway. It can't be good for his self-confidence to have you taking care of him.

Make a clean break and block your old bf. Tell him not to contact you. Then give it your all with this new guy and make sure he's better than the old one. Better to be alone than to be carrying the load in a relationship.

• Like 1