Is this a weird way ?

Hello,

I was at an office party recently and got pretty drunk unfortunately(stupid I know). Dont remember much of what happened the last few hours. Anyway there was a female coworker who I rarely talk to cause she doesnt like me that much. At the party she suddenly waved at me to come over to her and her direct colleagues, I guess to check up on me for being stupid drunk. After standing there for 10 minutes, obviously I didnt know what I said but Im sure its not really that interesting. I told her I was leaving and then something happend which I cant quite remember either. But it involved me apparantly giving her 3 "goodbye" kisses on the cheek to tell her I was leaving. She put her hands on my shoulders and I followed, being somewhat overwhelmed I didnt know where to put my hands. So here is what I did (I dont know how to explain it so I actually made a paint of it):

5pDB

Here is me holding her on the left. I put my hands slightly on her back Because I didnt know what to do at the time. Shes kind of freaked out by it.. I think she may feel violated (she told everyone at the office).. Is it weird to hold someone like this ? Would you freak out too ?

Thanks for any replies.

Examine your alcohol usage and what it does to your behaviour.

People who cause problems when they're drunk, usually have a drink problem.

Hows that for logic?

Ofcourse your right, I know what I did was stupid and I apologized about it, but im not an alchoholic. I rarely drink..

I'll take your word for it that you're not an alcoholic, but not everyone who has a problem with alcohol is.

If this is something that's never happened to you before (being too drunk to keep your behaviour within socially acceptable norms) I'd chalk it up to experience, and not worry too much.

If it has happened on other occasions, and caused similar innapropriate behaviour and embarrassment, you might be a non-alcoholic with an alcohol problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say I got a real good laugh out of this haha esp the drawing hahahaha

• Like 1

You seriously don't get why she freaked out? Your hands are on a very intimate part of her body and then you gave her multiple goodbye kisses and you two do not have an intimate relationship. Drunk or not this is not appropriate behavior at a work function. On top of that it appears she was pushing you away (which indicates she was uncomfortable!) and you are aware she doesn't really like you. With the way she's running her mouth at the office I'm surprised HR hasn't called you in for a chat. In the future you should refrain from drinking at all at work events and its probably a good idea to keep interactions with this woman to a minimum.