this is going to be awful what do I do?

So we are having a family christmas this year. My sister is bringing her boyfriend who in the past has cheated on her with two girls. I dont loke the guy or what ive hearx of him didnt even want to meet him in the summer. Now he os spending Christmas with us....its crappy. :o :bunn

So we are having a family christmas this year. My sister is bringing her boyfriend who in the past has cheated on her with two girls. I dont loke the guy or what ive hearx of him didnt even want to meet him in the summer. Now he os spending Christmas with us....its crappy. :o :bunn

Fake it. Be nice and just keep the peace. It's not like you have to sit by him and talk to him all night.

For whatever reason your sister has decided to take him back, give him another chance. Respect that and because of her, make an effort to just get along with him over the holiday season.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

it must be hard to sit across from someone who has hurt your sister an dp[lay happy.....but honestly you have to ......because it would hurt your sister if you didnt....

my sister used to get me to talk to her abusive ex.....and i did for hours on many occasions....he actually started to come around to my house when he had problems with my sister which was better than him hitting her or yanking her by the hair down a public road dragging her along....by her hair.........i did it for her..i would talk with him..i actually wanted to string him up...drag him by the hair...but he was always very respectful with me......maybe because when he was around...my rottie would sit at my feet.......

that fact remained...my sister loved him he had his good side but he had addictions......eventually they broke up ...it wasnt through me or anything i said that made them fight or break up...i supported my sister and when she was happy i was happy....but resigned to know.....she would get hurt in the end.it was always going to happen just a matter of time.......i was there....my family and i picked up the pieces......and we moved on.....

its better that you concentrate on the feelings you have for your family rather than the bad feelings you have on the guy who is with your sister....be pleasant....and know the day will be over ......always be there to support...what will happen will happen......when they split if they do...never say i told you so...dont let one guy ruin a time fro family celebration and togetherness...as christmas is.....a time of togetherness.....best wishes.........deb

I agree with everyone else. It's her decision, not yours. As a family member, it's your duty to be sincerely polite to him but nothing more. Don't encourage him to start getting real personal with you so it doesn't get sticky.

• Like 1

I know the feeling. My husband's sister is an idiot and her husband is a complete jerk to her and to us. They've both treated my husband poorly, so I stopped going to Christmas at their house for the past few years because I am not someone who can keep my mouth shut or my eyes from rolling.

But, this year my husband was diagnosed with a serious illness, and suddenly I don't care about them anymore.

I would rather be by my husband's side than have him go off to face those jerks alone, so I will be going there this Christmas.

My plan? Focus on my love for my husband and forget about his ridiculous family.

• Like 1