Boss is obsessive compulsive, controlling, overprotective, i am with her 24/7

notaneatfreak

I have the type of job where I am a mothers help. I had liked it in the past. However, this one is a record blower. Mom never lets me hold her newborn, or when I do she takes him from me, she thinks I know nothing about children when I have 10 + years of child care experience. I thought I would be here to take care of the baby but I am more a maid and I clean the house 8 hours a day or get in **** because there is a speck of dirt. No joke. Mother has started to ignore me. I have been here for 4 months. I am here for another 2.5. They told me they were putting their child in a daycare but I found my job in an online advertisement for a different day after my time ends. I am instead and hurt by the lies. What do I do? Do I confront or quit or find another job where I will be respected and appreciated? Or just leave? I can't afford to just leave.

au pair but under contract until march but can you legally break the contract?

I don't know about that, but you could probably ask your boss if she'd like to amicably end your contract early, since it seems to not be working out.

• Like 1
UpwardForward
I don't know about that, but you could probably ask your boss if she'd like to amicably end your contract early, since it seems to not be working out.

Yes, and if there's a problem - tell her the responsibilities aren't the same as what you were hired to do.

• 1 month later...
au pair but under contract until march but can you legally break the contract?

Depends if where you live has "at-will" employment. Contracts mean nothing in CA, because either party is free to terminate at any time without notice.