Should I hang back on the job apps until after Thanksgiving?

Standard-Fare

After some setbacks with my work recently, I went on a tear early this week searching for job openings. I found about three great prospects I'd like to apply to.

Normally I'd shoot out those applications ASAP, but in this case, with the Thanksgiving holiday this week, I'm worried they'll get just get buried in some email pile and possibly even completely overlooked.

Is my instinct correct that I should wait til next week? Maybe even Tuesday/Wednesday of next week so no one gets my application right when they're coming back from the holiday and hassled with a mountain of emails?

I would send them now. Chances are they usually get a bunch of applications, holiday or no and often times, most places won't contact you for a few weeks until they have had a chance to go over all applications.

If you want a job then apply immediately. If you wait til next week you run the risk of the ad being removed because they feel they got enough candidates.

• Like 2

Yes after Thanksgiving most places are not scheduling interviews due to people being off for vacation and holiday parties. When it gets to this time of the year you would have had to already had something in the works from the month of Sept and October which is 2 more interviews, At this time of the here you should only be waiting to hear back from a company after a reference check. Even if you apply for the first time you may not even hear anything until after christmas

• Like 1