Advice needed on employment opportunity

Hi everybody,

situation is this,I am 28 years old woman,I studied science and finished but I could never find job in my field bcs of no experience,I only volunteered and worked as sales staff.Currently I am unemployed for almost 1 year and I am living with parents who are both retired.

Besides applying for all jobs(my field and all that is acceptable),last one year I went on 14 open days for flying companies to work as a cabin crew and I finally was accepted.

I was accepted for qatar airways and fly emirates.Now fly emirates contacted me first and I sent all documentation and medical,but I am still waiting for ticket and visa,although I have to start in three weeks with their training.They informed me that visa and ticket will be sent one week before departure.

Today I received from qatar airways that i should do all medical in 48 hours and then if they like it,they will offer me contract,and medical is different,they ask more than emirates.

What bothers me now is that I still have no ticket and visa in my hands,and I read on forum cases that people were accepted for emirates but before departure they were told that their departure will be delayed,or when financial crisis happened,they were told sorry but we don't need you,although people were adviced to resigne!!!

I am now scared not to lose both,I am planning not to do medical for qatar and to try to extend it next 2 weeks until I get ticket and visa for emirates and then to inform them whatever reason.I want qatar as plan B.What do you think?

Edited by cloud3

You go with whoever completes the process first and you feel "safer" with.

You have to make this process about YOU not them.

• Like 1
  • Author

First of all thank you very much for correcting my post,I wanted to edit title but I didn't know how. :D

The thing that scares me is that middle east have some weird rules,when you send medical,then they check you in police and then they send you offer letter,and both UAE and Qatar,both countries belong to GCC countries,I think it is the name.

I feel safer with emirates and I have already accepted contract and my visa is in process,I am scared now to do medical for qatar and then they start to check me and see that I am already in process for UAE,maybe it can affect my visa for UAE,and qatar is very strict country,if you do snt wrong,they can put you on"black list".

So I don't want to risk,but even emirates can extend joining process,which I hope will not happen,I don't know what can happen,I wish I haven't read forums,bad experiences of people before joining made me scared.

your post is confusing. just finish what you start with one company before doing anything with the other. you might miss an opportunity but at least you won't be blacklisted.

Edited by newmoon
  • Author

Yes,I will do like that,but you know,I am so excited,I felt like I will never find a job and I want to be for sure that emirates will take me,I am in process but it is Middle East,it is not like in Europe or America...

• Author

Yes I accepted contract online,and I am in process waiting to receive visa and ticket,but while financial crisis my friend came to this point where I am now and although he left his job and waited for visa and ticket,fly emirates informed him that they are sorry,but they are not able to give him job anymore.On forums I found few cases like that.Let's hope the best and that everything will be smooth with me although I will lose Qatar airways as plan B.