calling hr for interview

Hi everyone. I just have a question I am trying to be a teacher again and this school district I did recently apply for I worked for previously.I spoke with the lady in hr about my application and she asked me to fax her my transcript and I did.So I called today to make sure she received it and she did I was thinking of calling monday and trying to schedule a interview for the positions should I? Would it seem pushy?any advice helps thanks.

I wish I had an answer for you, but I was actually about to post a very similar thread myself about following up after submitting a resume. People here usually give decent advice so hopefully they can give us an idea about this. :D

Since you already followed up, I would wait to see what happens. I've heard from some recruiters on this board that people can get too pushy and annoy recruiters. If they wish to bring you in for an interview, they will let you know.

I would definitely not call on Monday - that's way too soon to chase.

They might have 100 applications to go through and it'll be HR as well as the team manager and anyone else involved in interviewing who will all be looking through the applications.

Once everyone involved has seen all of them they will probably meet to discuss them all.

This is how it has always been when I have recruited.

People calling to chase doesn't get looked upon well especially if they push and rush it.

Just be considerate that they have jobs to do as well as recruiting so give them a bit of time.

They will contact you if they want to interview you.

• Like 1