when to resubmit a resume?

I am still waiting to hear back from several places I have interviewed with but while I wait I want to keep my job search going.

I was wanting to know if it would be OK to resubmit an updated resume to places that I put one in at before but never heard anything back from? How long is the appropriate amount of time to wait to resubmit a resume to a company?

I think it may depend on what has been updated in your resume...

If you are sending a new one only a month or two later, it looks like you forgot something or are re-writing history.

A year later because of additional experience? That's a different story.

• Like 1
  • Author
I think it may depend on what has been updated in your resume...

If you are sending a new one only a month or two later, it looks like you forgot something or are re-writing history.

A year later because of additional experience? That's a different story.

It would be around 3-4 months later. What changed is I have received my license and before my license was pending my passing the state and national exams I had to take.

Pick up the phone and call HR, explaining that you are very interested in working for their company and have already submitted a resume and just point-blank as her if there's any point to resubmitting one and how long they hold them for and if they ever refer back to the old resumes or just take new ones each time a position opens. I have found HR and office managers if it's a smaller place to be very forthcoming with this info and it gives you an idea without just outright asking whether your resume has been rejected or if it's kept for further consideration -- plus the main thing it does is show that you are genuinely interested in that specific job with that specific company, unlike so many others who are dropping resumes everywhere.

• Like 1

I like preraph's suggestion. As an alternative if you see the job you applied for advertised again then I think its ok to resubmit your resume and use your cover letter to explain that you have officially earned your license since previously applying and reiterate your interest in the company.

Usually a lot of places will keep your resume on file for 3-6 months. Unless there is a new opening and you want to reapply, just focus on sending the updates resume to open positions.

What's the harm? If you want to do it, do it. What's the worst that can happen, you continue to hear nothing from them?