Writing a book under a pseudonym

nomadic_butterfly

So, I want to a write a very juicy, detailed booked...but it's so juicy I don't in any way shape or form use my real name. I'd like to write under a pseudonym/pen name but I am concerned about my identity being revealed. I know to the publisher, I have to give my real name and social security for IRS tax purposes but if I use an agent, would I make them sign a non-disclosure agreement?

Also, if I reach out the blogs, etc. to market the book, do I have to use my real name? If I register a site for it and copyright the pen name, will I have to use my real name for that process? I'd like to know before even bothering to write it.

Snakechammah

Write your book first, get an agent, a publisher and then worry about these things.

As all writers know, the road to publishing is a treacherous and tedious journey.... But, all the very best to you, and do be as juicy as you can!

• Like 2

Creative people use pen names all the time. As long as you pay taxes and provide your legal identification when required I don't see the issue. If you're still unsure you can probably consult with an attorney about this.

• Like 2
it's so juicy I don't in any way shape or form use my real name.

It's that juicy, eh?

Put me on the pre-sales list!!! ;)

Is it autobiographical?