Caught boyfriend flirting? Do i have a right to be upset?

I went to dinner with my boyfriend last night.

We got a table and i asked him to order the drinks while i pop to the toilet.

He made a comment about the girl 'shes done your drink special,she really has'-it was the usual coffee.

We ordered our meals,he offered to go up to the bar and ordered.

Came back and sat down and realised he'd ordered wrong.

He went back up to correct his order and get a refund.

At this point,i was sat round the corner from the bar,there is a wall separating. Heard the whole conversation.

He took over half an hour to correct this order. He left me sat at the table the whole time,while i sat there and could hear everything he was saying to this girl.

This girl,low cut top on,was seriously flirting and he was happily flirting back.

Over half an hour had past,i needed to make a phone call so i went to give him his phone. I walked in on them on there chat,she was leaning over the bar giggling and he was doing the same.

I walked out and made my phone call. Came back and he had told them to put the food order on hold,made a massive fuss and the girl even kindly topped his drink up for him and told him 'she knows what girls are like'.......

She came over to give cutlery,lent over and he sat there staring down her top the whole time.

It ruined the night. He hasnt apologized and apparently i am the one in the wrong.

I thought we were going out for a nice meal,not me being left at the table while he chats up the bar girl and flirts.

Do i have a right to be a little disheartened by this or am i being silly?

Snakechammah

Uhm yes. You totally have the right to be upset. What he did was very disrespectful.

I am surprised you didn't give them the evil eye while they were flirting all night! I would have sat there with smoke coming out of my ears and eyes like daggers. Sometimes, you can't keep the hurt to yourself. Speak up (not make a scene) and let your feelings known.

I hope he apologize and repent for this disrespectful behaviour! I'd keep a close eye on him if I were you...

All the best!

• Like 1

I usually advise people to calm down in the face of a little innocent flirting. However, abandoning you for 1/2 hour is more than a casual flirtation . . . it was too overt & rude. I would be upset & I would ask him why he thought it was OK to leave you alone that long

• Like 1

That is NOT ok. He clearly isn't giving you the respect you deserve. You need to talk to him to tell him that you're not going to put up with that. If you don't bring it up or confront the problem, he's going to think he has all the power in the relationship. He's going to keep on doing things that disrespect you.

I mean, seriously, for half an hour... at this point he knows he's bothering you and he isn't stopping. Sounds like a bully to me.

• Like 1

Wow, how awful . That is very disgusting to do to anyone .

You really do have a right to be livid and completely move on from that guy .

• Like 1