I'm good at my job, I'm just not doing a good job.

I was sitting at my desk, adding up invoices at lightening speed, and feeling proud that I have the ability to use an adding machine :rolleyes: I remember in high school, how the other students were just couldn't get how to have any kind of hand eye coordination. When it came to office tasks, I've always been really good at it.

I haven't been doing a good job lately though :( I'm really intellegent, and can do my job really efficiantly, but I just don't want to do it any more. I don't know if I'm bored with my job, or just frustrated. I used to be able to work steady, and keep my job up to date. We recently moved, and my work load has nearly doubled. So now I work full throttle, and I just can't keep up.....which causes me to not even want to bother. So I sit at my desk and browse the internet, because I don't want to work, because it feels futile, because I'll never get done.

How do I fix my mindset?

I know when I have a ton of stuff to do, I don't want to do it either. Sometimes listening to my MP3 player gets me through it though. If the problem is that it's just too boring, I tell myself: "I'll do this much of this, then I'll allow myself a 5 minute break."

That helps to break up the monotony and helps me to work toward a goal: the 5 minute break! Don't worry, I've had tasks that were seemingly endless, but there's always an end to everything.

Now get back to work!!! *shakes finger*

.I have the same problem....I think for me it's just boredom. If I have invoices that need to be entered on the coputer I'll just set them aside and do it when I feel like it and start surfing the net. I don't like my job too much. There is just not much to do and when there is I finish it quickly and then I just try to look busy. That's why I always end up here ;) .

I'm in the same boat.

Does anyone ever feel bad when they're at work and they are doing absolutely nothing? I do....

• Author

I feel horrible for not working :( I have a pile of copies that need to be made, folders that need to be made, invoices that need to be input, schedules that need to be cleaned up....AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! As soon as I start on something, I find something else that needs to be done, then something else, then something else...I used to finish, but now I just keep having to go go go go go! There's just so much :mad: I need....HELP!!

That was gonna be my next thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, I do my work, but I try to do it slowly or there's nothing to do.

Sometimes, I go here on LS, or surf the net. Yes, I feel terrible, but apparently most people do it. I've seen it and I know you guys do now! LOL!

For a while, I thought I was alone. But if my boss gives me a project, I do it. If he/she has no deadline, I take my time.

I think F***ing around on the job (ie-surfing the net) sort of motivates us. Gives us a break and allows us to think more.

When you're bored with your current job, find a new job...otherwise, you'll have no job.

Set guiedelines for yourself ( LS is addicting.... I do it as well) work strait thru for 2-3 hours and then take a break and surf the net... you will get a lot done if you have a treat in mind for a finished task ( like LS)

If it's the workload you can't handle, how about you talk to your boss about it? Either they could hire someone part-time to finish up what you can't or work on giving you less to do. Discuss it with your boss so he/she knows where you stand. If they see your production declining, they are going to think it's because you're being lazy and your job could be in jeporardy. Talking about it can only help. Good luck.