Applying for a job just to see what happens

I recently submitted an application for Dominos Pizza not because I'm interested in the job but just to see what happens. They have a now hiring sign. So I just decided to apply just out of curiosity to see what happens. I don't really have a high expectation that anybody is going to call me at least not tomorrow anyway.

Has anyone here ever applied for a job they weren't really all that keen about but just did so out of curiosity to see what happens? That's like my first time doing that. I figure it can't hurt to submit an application since it will take awhile anyway before they call me for an interview if they even consider calling me at all.

I have if I have been somewhat interested to learn more about the job. Do you have a passing interest in this job?

GorillaTheater

I used to apply for jobs just to keep my interview skills sharp. If I was smart, I still would.

I got the job I've held for the past 17 years doing just this.

• Like 1
I recently submitted an application for Dominos Pizza not because I'm interested in the job but just to see what happens. They have a now hiring sign. So I just decided to apply just out of curiosity to see what happens. I don't really have a high expectation that anybody is going to call me at least not tomorrow anyway.

Has anyone here ever applied for a job they weren't really all that keen about but just did so out of curiosity to see what happens? That's like my first time doing that. I figure it can't hurt to submit an application since it will take awhile anyway before they call me for an interview if they even consider calling me at all.

yes it's a good way audition your resume and see how many call backs it generates.

• Like 1
I used to apply for jobs just to keep my interview skills sharp. If I was smart, I still would.

I got the job I've held for the past 17 years doing just this.

yup nothing wrong with preparing for the interview you really want.