I like a girl at work but she is leaving in a month!

Okay, so I got a new job a month ago, and have become quite fond of this girl working there. Trouble is, the only time I get to see her if when we are at work together, which is only a few days a week, and due to the busy environment there is not much time for chatting. To make things worse, she is leaving for a new job in a few weeks.

I like her and we get along well, and due to the limited time left I want to make something of this, however I don't want to be too forward as I haven't known her that long. We rarely finish at the same time either so asking to do something after work is difficult.

Some advice would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks

EvelyneConnor

What does that mean, "she is leaving in a week"? Is she leaving the city? The county? The state? The country?

If she's sticking around, just go for it. Make some small talk and if it's going well, ask if she wants to go out for coffee. Either she will be interested or she won't - she'll come to a conclusion soon enough. Good luck! :bunny:

• Author

She's moving to another job, in the same area, but I won't get to see her obviously.

Thanks for your help though.

Easy, before she leaves, hand her your phone number and tell her you hope she'll keep in touch and see if she does.

whichwayisup
Okay, so I got a new job a month ago, and have become quite fond of this girl working there. Trouble is, the only time I get to see her if when we are at work together, which is only a few days a week, and due to the busy environment there is not much time for chatting. To make things worse, she is leaving for a new job in a few weeks.

I like her and we get along well, and due to the limited time left I want to make something of this, however I don't want to be too forward as I haven't known her that long. We rarely finish at the same time either so asking to do something after work is difficult.

Some advice would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks

Just ask her to go for coffee and see what she says. You're both single, then go for it.

Her leaving may turn out to be the best part in hope of getting together with her. Some people don't date co-workers because it can get awkward. Soon she'll be gone. Then it won't matter if she shoots you down or you dump her, because then you won't have to face her every work day.

• Author

Good advice guys, thanks, :) and Col1, I was thinking the same actually, it would be pretty awkward facing her at work haha.