Think my co worker fancies me

Hi all, I'm new here anyway I started a new job around a month ago and since I have a co worker who always stares at me I always catch him in the corner of my eye I pretend I havnt noticed anyway he's always sort of touches my arm and try's to make me laugh when possible he's quiet sarcastic and sometimes makes fun of me nothing harsh just funny or something I've done/said and once he even 'checked me out ' right Infront of my eyes haha can anyone relate I'm just abit confused :confused:

Do you like him back? Ask him to have lunch with you. Casual co-workers thing . . . not a date. See how that goes.

Dating in the work place is tricky. How big is your office? Do they have policies against dating co-workers? What happens if it doesn't work out?

That is pretty big age gap. More than that -- you two are at different stages of your life, which is a bigger hurdle then the actual # difference.

He probably thinks your hot. It's unlikely that he wants to make a move which can risk his career.

Let it go

Hi all, I'm new here anyway I started a new job around a month ago and since I have a co worker who always stares at me I always catch him in the corner of my eye I pretend I havnt noticed anyway he's always sort of touches my arm and try's to make me laugh when possible he's quiet sarcastic and sometimes makes fun of me nothing harsh just funny or something I've done/said and once he even 'checked me out ' right Infront of my eyes haha can anyone relate I'm just abit confused :confused:

Well, since he's giving you clear and direct signs of interest, if you feel the same way, you know what you got to do, don't you? Make him an offer.

Edited by Shaun-Dro
Error
  • Author

Today I caught him staring at my chest when I walked right past him! wasn't a low cut top or anything, and I always end up doing 'jobs' for him when I'm not suppose to and won't stop touching my arm or patting my back when talking to me what is that about ? Haha I want to but it's risky!

Honey, 2-3 years ago, what this man is doing would have been considered child sexual abuse under US law. Furthermore, this sexual eyeballing behavior is very much like sexual harrasment - and it is not wise for you to encourage this conduct. I know it makes your body feel excitement - and the attention is flattering. But what this man is doing is the wrong thing to do in the workplace. You are too young to handle a workplace situation like this, that is why in your first post you admitted to being a bit confused.

Let's say you went forward and had a relationship with this man. Think about how you would feel if you were intimate with him, and he later rejected you. How strange it would feel to have to see him at work flirting with other young ladies. He is old enough to be your daddy. There is something wrong with him that he seeks out young girls that might be confused by his advances. Tell this creep to back-off. Hon, please don't cross this line. Your feeling are going to get hurt. Yas

PS. If word of this "thing" gets public, your company HR department may decide to let one or both of you go. If HR were to decide to let the least important employee go, who do you think that would be? HR doesn't have to give you any reason either. And crying sexual harassment would be a waste of time, since you are an active participant. If you used the companies computer to write these posts, they have this knowledge too. Be careful sweetheart. Think of your future career at work. Think of dating at home.

Edited by Yasuandio
Added PS and spelling corrections.
  • Like 1