Future decisions need better perspective

Okay I am very much confused about my future. I did an engineering degree in aeronautics and I worked for a while I couldn't find a core job since there was an economic slowdown in my country and aeronautical field was hit pretty bad so they didn't hire freshers. I thought I would do Management studies as well for a much more productive resume so I did my MBA it was a fast track course and I got graduated last december. Now the problem is I have applied for jobs everywhere and I am not getting any good offers at all. I got small time jobs but that is way different from what I studied. I actually did MBA because I wanted to start a business of my own later on.

Anyway I got a couple of research projects from some good institutions and the project is based on aeronautics. Now if I accept it then I have to study another 2 years and complete my MS in aeronautics as well. But I don't know if I have the fire to study more because I am not the brainy type. But I liked aeronautics and want to be good at it as well. I am actually in a tug of war between a normal job and a career of research. Somewhere down the line I want to be a writer as well because I have been writing some short stories and stuff lately but things are going south because of this confusion.

I expect an eyeopener so that I can think straight because my mind is blank right now.