Trying to Relocate through Work

Smthn_Like_Olivia

I am absolutely DONE living in the deep south and am hoping to relocate to Colorado Springs this summer. I've applied to several jobs and have been contacted by several recruiters, but each time I get the same answer. "Oh, you live in ___ ? Sorry, we need to fill this position immediately. Contact us when you get moved up here." :(

I need to secure a job BEFORE I can relocate, and I'm willing to fly up to interview at my own expense, but I can never even get past the first question! This is becoming frustrating. I have an MBA and almost 10 years experience in my field. My resume is golden and I have stellar references from very high level positions, but I seem to be getting nowhere. My kids leave for the entire summer with grandparents, so the move would be ideal during this time. Can anyone give me some tips or suggestions? I just can't make the move without securing employment first. :(

• Author
Smthn_Like_Olivia

No. We don't have any in that area and I've kinda hit my ceiling unless I go into another field.

When they tell you that they need to fill the position very fast, can't you tell them that you will be there as quick as they want? How long would it take you to make the move?

• Author
Smthn_Like_Olivia
When they tell you that they need to fill the position very fast, can't you tell them that you will be there as quick as they want? How long would it take you to make the move?

Realistically, I can't make the move until the kids get out of school which in just over 2 weeks. Once they're gone, I'll be more flexible to fly up for interviews and stuff on short notice.

• Like 1