Sooo...im the only one that got a good review

JohnnyCakes

Out of my 4 coworkers, I am the only one who had a good review. In fact, I got a 16% raise! My boss said I have worked my butt off and deserve it seeing as I started 4 years ago with little to no experience at all, I hired with the thought as a "project" and I was definitely a risk. My coworkers however, all had prior experience in our field prior to joining the team.

I am proud of how far I have come, I am now at the level where senior management and important clients respect what i have to say and appreciate my work.

Hard work really does pay off, and I am thankful my boss as she put it, "You finally are getting paid to match your experience level and performance".

Anyway, back to my coworkers - all week they have been complaining how they feel their stuck in a dead end job and badmouthing the boss saying that no one will ever get a decent raise or promotion. Through all their bickering, I kept quiet, because I am proof their assumptions just arent true.

I feel a little guilty, but after hearing the reasons why they all got bad reviews, I don't as much. The boss nailed everything on the head for things I have noticed (Poor attitudes, poor performances, bad attendance). I guess, what mom says is true - what goes around, comes around.

Good for you, that's a positive response to your hard work- and good on your boss for being a good boss and rewarding that.

Congrats! :D

But an observation from many years - you were inexperienced compared to your coworkers? You were probably then also paid much less, and consequently (with hard work of course) it is easier to get large wage increases early in your career or in a new type of role.

As you gain experience and more money - large increases will likely taper off. You may feel (one day- in the future) that you worked you butt off like you did this year - and oly get maybe a 2-3% increase due. This may lead to you feeling some of your coworkers "dead end".

But you earned this increase and proved yourself. Enjoy.