I have worked at the same company for over 4 years now. I've never had a argument and I dont get wrapped up in gossip or drama. I talk with my two close friends do my job go home.

There's a secluded group in my department. 4 girls including my boss and my other manager who take 2 hour lunches, get away with slacking off for hours and pawning off thier work on others. I recently became quite fed up with it and when one of the girls who is not a manager or boss tried to pawn her work off on me so she could play around I said calmy I had a deadline and could not do it which she began arguing and showing attitude I tried to come to a solution suggesting people that may have more time then me and she said she didnt have the time do it raising her voice this frustrated me and I told her " I am tried of everyone pileing there stuff on me" which the manager in the "group" overheard and felt like it was directed towards her. I appoarached her to explain it was directed towards my fellow employee and she expressed she felt like it was about her and got angry. While the other girl who pawned her work off on me went my our bosses office to mess around before going home an hour early.

I fell to tears I never cried about work but I was so frustrasted at the stituation and how belitted it made me feel. I took the next day off work to spend with family and collect myself.

Today however my boss called me into her office I found out the girl who got talked to about what she did lied about the stituation and told a different story of course my boss believed her because they are close friends and the manager who involved herself decided to play a victum and act like I had verbally abused her or something. Basically the got me to look bad so instead of my boss dealing with her lying slacker friend I got blamed for not "coming to her about my issue" therfore I was in the wrong and I called my boss out on her favoritsm she didnt like that and of course denied denied denied.

I faked my way out of the talk saying my "apologies"

Side note 6 other employees saw this happen and defended me.

I feel like I'm being bullied by these girls and I have never had an experience like this I stay far out of drama. I'm dreading monday but I need my paycheck.

Quiting my job scares me since its been awhile since I've jumped back into interveiwing and everything, should I quite or let it all blow over?

whichwayisup

Do you have an HR department? This matter should be brought to their attention. The boss being their friend/buddy is an issue, as well as the 2 hour lunches and horsing around too much.

Glad you had back up and co workers who defended you and told their side.

Come Monday, hold your head up high and act fine and normal. Let them say whatever because they're going to anyway. And, maybe start carrying a tape recorder in your purse, just in case they try to do stuff to you and set you up to fail (he said/she said kind of thing again).

Your boss needs to see what is going on and not be so involved with employees.

• 1 month later...
pink_sugar

I was railed out of a job due to a manager being buddy buddy with employees and forcing me to quit. They basically gave me no hours and fought unemployment. Funny thing is they made the mistake of letting me go behind my back and not paying me for the last workday of my two weeks. Bad experience, but it's not worth suing over.

There's not one single solitary thing you can do about this...except to take care of yourself and keep yourself in mind at all times. Don't rely on a single employer for a paycheck. Always keep your options open.

I went through a similar thing about a year ago. Started off immediately recognized as the best instructor at my institute. Then others got jealous 'cause I started taking their hours away. Change of 'directors' and the new director had new cliques, which I was not a part of. I had to swallow some pride and just accept my new status. Since then, that new director stepped down and there's a newby in her place and she and I graduated from the same grad school -- and I get preferential treatment. F*ck yeah!

Consistently go thru these phases at my work place. Save your apologies, unless you can sincerely know you were in the wrong. Our staff Bully uses the following line: "I don't have to answer those questions, I don't have to (insert insane response). And my boss's pat her on the back for standing her ground. So I recently responded in such manner and viola! I got written up for being "non compliant". The reality is, depending who is in office we have a chance to "conform" or Stand our ground. I stand my ground accordingly. Its no longer about "pick your battles", its now about " Learn your lesson". HR and the boss's will disregard your documents and any "voice recordings", Paper trails, as you trying to "cause more trouble". I put blinders on most times and simply do my chores. Yes Team work is imperative, yet the balance needs to come from all sides. Doesn't sound like folks are pulling their weight and management is Indifferent to the antics. As an adult and co worker you do have the right to complete your own tasks before being subjected to lazy co worker antics.

Don't quit, just stand up for yourself. Whenever a confrontation comes and you know you didn't do anything wrong, you have to speak up. If you know someone screw up and tried to pin it on you, you speak up and call their BS. Look the boss straight in the eyes, and tell them how disappointed you are in the fact the boss might believe them.

I have been in a similar situation. This girl who is very lazy told my boss that I didn't do enough to help her and so our work load got backed up big time. She said I was slacking. And the boss totally call me in for a meeting and believe her story. I looked at him and said "I can't believe she is trying to pin this on me. I did all my work, and the things that are back up is her work load. So how is it me who got blame for slacking? I am disappointed and offended that you think of me this way." My boss realize I was pissed so he became defensive and said he will get to the bottom of this. So I went back to my work. And after my shift ended, I walk into his office and told him, "I feel that you don't trust me, and if you don't trust me to do my job, then I might as well quit." I gave him 2 weeks notice.

Then my boss realize I was not the one who was at fault. He apologize to me and punish the girl who blame me.

Office bullies just needs someone to stand up to them. You have to stand up for yourself, even if it cost you your job. Never be afraid to lose a job if you know you are in the right. The boss will have more respect for you if the truth prove you right. Only quit if the workplace is completely toxic. But get the job first before you put in your notice.

Edited by Valen
  • Like 1
pink_sugar
Don't quit, just stand up for yourself. Whenever a confrontation comes and you know you didn't do anything wrong, you have to speak up. If you know someone screw up and tried to pin it on you, you speak up and call their BS. Look the boss straight in the eyes, and tell them how disappointed you are in the fact the boss might believe them.

I have been in a similar situation. This girl who is very lazy told my boss that I didn't do enough to help her and so our work load got backed up big time. She said I was slacking. And the boss totally call me in for a meeting and believe her story. I looked at him and said "I can't believe she is trying to pin this on me. I did all my work, and the things that are back up is her work load. So how is it me who got blame for slacking? I am disappointed and offended that you think of me this way." My boss realize I was pissed so he became defensive and said he will get to the bottom of this. So I went back to my work. And after my shift ended, I walk into his office and told him, "I feel that you don't trust me, and if you don't trust me to do my job, then I might as well quit." I gave him 2 weeks notice.

Then my boss realize I was not the one who was at fault. He apologize to me and punish the girl who blame me.

Office bullies just needs someone to stand up to them. You have to stand up for yourself, even if it cost you your job. Never be afraid to lose a job if you know you are in the right. The boss will have more respect for you if the truth prove you right. Only quit if the workplace is completely toxic. But get the job first before you put in your notice.

The OP was recently fired from this job. See thread "Fired Today".

The OP was recently fired from this job. See thread "Fired Today".

Bright side is she is out of that drama workplace. Good luck OP.

• Author
itsmylife

I really apperciate you guys support and advice. My sister is scared of me pursuing because she knows I have head strong personality not something I showed at work but I'm a very just person and seeing injustice like this really upsets me these antics didn't just hurt me but everyone else in the staff. It's over now. I've decided to put my personality to good and pursue a paralegal certification. My husband backs me up on this. I'll still dicuss with my lawyer since we are going to see him anyway this week. However I don't have solid proof and sueing the company would hurt people I care about, so I won't bother with that. I have a lot more important things ahead of me and a part of me is glad to be out of the dead end drama job. It's going to take time to go through the motions of it. It's similiar to grief though I haven't cried and I feel pretty human today almost excited. I'm young everythings going to be just fine. :)

pink_sugar
However I don't have solid proof and sueing the company would hurt people I care about, so I won't bother with that. I have a lot more important things ahead of me and a part of me is glad to be out of the dead end drama job. It's going to take time to go through the motions of it. It's similiar to grief though I haven't cried and I feel pretty human today almost excited. I'm young everythings going to be just fine. :)

I agree. It's not worth it at all, especially if you don't have hard evidence. Let it go and pursue a career that you will love. My world was turned upside down when I lost my job in December...I lost my beloved pet just a few days after. It's now May...I have another job, though it's part time and pays a bit less, I'm a lot happier than I was months ago. I moved away to a much cheaper area and things are looking up. Sometimes things happen for a reason.

• Like 1