How do I fit in- New Job!

I just started a new job- I'm 19 years old and this is the only my second job. I really really want to stay with this company. It pays a dollar more than my other job did, and they're giving me good hours. It's a bit harder than my other job, but it's nothing I can't handle.

The thing is I'm worried about making relationships with the other people who work there. They are all girls about my age. I'm kinda shy, and quiet- I really have to force myself to converse with them, and I'm afraid they will get (or are) frusterated with me because I ask a lot of questions on how to do things, where things go. I only ask a lot because I don't want to screw up and do it again.

So how can I "fit in" there? At my other job the people didn't even talk to me unless they had to, but I really would like to be friends with these people, even if it's only at work.

I know how you feel, I am pretty shy too and it's hard for me to connect with people. I don't think they will get annoyed with you asking a lot of questions, and it's a good way to get to know people. Maybe you can ask them to go out to lunch or out for a bite after work. It just takes time to feel comfortable. Even if you are not outgoing, people will eventually get to know you and like you. Maybe focus on one or two people that seem nice and try to chat with them, and it always doesn't have to be work related. Talk about yourself, and also people LOVE it when you ask them questions about themselves...kids, family, boyfriends, hobbies, etc. Good luck!!!

Im quite outgoing and find it easy to make new friends so my advice to you would be to smile lots! People are attracted to happy people. A smile makes simalarly happy people smile and brings moody people out of their mood. If you ask lots of questions just make a joke out of it "new girl with another question". Asking about them really is a good way to make friends, even if you think the questions are too nosy. People like talking about themselves. Pick up on things u hear in conversation, if one girl says she broke up with her boyfriend for example, ask why they broke up. Just be friendly and happy youll be fine! Good luck :)

I know how you feel as well. I am a pretty quiet person too. I started work at a new place a couple of months ago. I still feel as if I am not making enough conversation with everyone.

I do make small conversation or funny comments with people when I walk past them but that's about it. Maybe I just need to bring up more things to talk about I guess.

You don't fit into a new job - it fits into you. Just keep your head down, do your work as best you can, and always be friendly and helpful to your new collegues. Opportunities will arise whereby you will get to know everyone better. It takes time. If you see someone you know who works there but haven't been introduced yet, stick out your hand and introduce yerself - it creates a very good impression.