Resume Work History??

Smthn_Like_Olivia

I am hoping to relocate to Colorado Springs next year, but have decided to put my resume out there and start getting some feelers. If something good pops up, I would be open to moving sooner rather than later. I've been with my current company for 9 years in May, but have been promoted 3 times in 4 different positions.

Do you guys think this would be a deterrent for prospective employers if the bulk of my work history is all under one company? This is, however, a very well know billion dollar company. My work experience prior is not really relevant or anything that I'd like to include on my resume.

• Like 1

Not at all! That is a big plus actually.

Hmm. Moving to another state sounds awesome! :)

Edited by chelsea2011
  • Like 2
  • Author
Smthn_Like_Olivia

Thank you!! My only fear is a timeline, and how flexible employers will be with giving me time to make the move. I want to make this move SO very bad, and though I have the education(MBA) and experience, I've been with my company a long time and am afraid of not having the stability I have now. I've actually survived 4 sets of layoffs that included everyone from hourly employees to Vice Presidents since 2008, and it's because I've proved myself to be a valuable asset to the company.

I'm uprooting my kids as well, to give them more potential with better schools, a better environment, and a better life period.

I am hoping to relocate to Colorado Springs next year, but have decided to put my resume out there and start getting some feelers. If something good pops up, I would be open to moving sooner rather than later. I've been with my current company for 9 years in May, but have been promoted 3 times in 4 different positions.

Do you guys think this would be a deterrent for prospective employers if the bulk of my work history is all under one company? This is, however, a very well know billion dollar company. My work experience prior is not really relevant or anything that I'd like to include on my resume.

Committment to one company for a long period can only be a positive to other employers. It shows you will stick around. A potential employer will ask you why you are leaving that employer since you've been there so long. Wanting to relocate is a good reason. The only challenge is that a lot of employers may want to you to already be local before hiring you, so if you do have savings and really want to move, you may have a better chance of finding another job once you're local.

• Like 1
  • Author
Smthn_Like_Olivia
Committment to one company for a long period can only be a positive to other employers. It shows you will stick around. A potential employer will ask you why you are leaving that employer since you've been there so long. Wanting to relocate is a good reason. The only challenge is that a lot of employers may want to you to already be local before hiring you, so if you do have savings and really want to move, you may have a better chance of finding another job once you're local.

I'd be using my savings to make the move. It's clear across country (1300 miles). The kids wouldn't come till the end of summer, but I would still be too nervous to make that kind of move without a secured position.:(

I'd be using my savings to make the move. It's clear across country (1300 miles). The kids wouldn't come till the end of summer, but I would still be too nervous to make that kind of move without a secured position.:(

Do you know anyone you could stay with temporarily until you find another position?

• Author
Smthn_Like_Olivia
Do you know anyone you could stay with temporarily until you find another position?

I don't. My guy and his family is from the area, but I don't know them at all and he will in no way want to stay with them. He's worried about us being too close to them! Lol.