How to avoid nepotism/being overlooked again?

In my thread "Work hard, yet get screwed over" I vented my anger about not being full time after years, while brown nosing, lazy, young women clique got made full time after being there months. They really were lazy and did nothing but socialize. How to avoid this BS again? I deeply regret wasting my time there. I got critized for venting and not asking why. But guess what? After I was asked why I was treated like this, I got my days cut back to just one day a week! It wasn't worth it. After several years of working there I didn't even get a thankyou or a goodbye! I still think stripping in a mens club, would've been less degrading.

Unfortunately, brown nosing does get promotions when it comes to a lot of workplace politics. Not all companies are like that though, so I wouldn't even stress over it. You can usually avoid this by asking many questions about the company's overall core values at atmosphere. I worked at a job that had the same type of politics you experienced. Turned me off from working for awhile. Just remember it isn't like that everywhere and move on quickly if you do experience this.

• Like 1