Enjoying a coworker's company/personality

At my workplace, I find mysef becoming increasingly attracted to a coworker. Right now I'm taking it very very slowly. Today we were talking in her space for 80 minutes. I don't want to ask her out or do anything "out there" too quickly. I know some may say I am friend zoning myself, but I rather play it safe and let it naturally develop (or not) rather than flaming out and making the work place environment extremely awkward!

Given the workplace proximity and your plans for making this job a long-term career, I think you're making the right choice. It's smart to put your career over a dating prospect that you don't even know whether or not she likes you yet.

• Author
Given the workplace proximity and your plans for making this job a long-term career, I think you're making the right choice. It's smart to put your career over a dating prospect that you don't even know whether or not she likes you yet.

Yup. I get a small sense that she likes me, but the trouble with me has always been between discerning:

does she like me as just a nice friend, or BF material? In my life, it's usually been only the former, rather than the latter.

It doesn't hurt to wait it out and see what signals she sends my way. And also looking outside of work and keeping my options open. I enjoy her company but I don't want to put the cart ahead of the horse, or however that saying goes.

• Author

Today I wrote her an encouraging note, went to give it to her but she wasn't in her room. Just as well, because in hindsight, maybe the note is overly "heavy handed." Although I don't ask her out or confess or anything, it's pretty clear I would now be singling her out as someone I view to be special. I don't know if I should give all the power to her, so to speak, or take the work relationship to that sort of level.

I don't want the note to be TOO thoughtful, as it might hint my feelings at her. I'd like to keep it casual, and I think the note would be a "game changer."

So, I'm thankful that somehow God blocked me and that she wasn't available (when she 99% of the time is!) when I went to give it to her.