dating rep in the workplace

just wanted to vent - I finally found out a few days ago about what people mean when they say women or men who date within the office get a bad reputation. I was dating a coworker in a steady/serious relationship for 2.5 years and we recently broke it off. another male coworker approached me after he heard about my break-up and made very overt moves and statements to me. I felt really cheap :-( and sad :-( because this guy obviously saw me as a workplace flirt/loose because I had dated someone from the office. I told him off and was seriously disgusted by him, which I said. now I know why women and men are advised against office romances ... never again, lesson learned

• 2 weeks later...

True, true, true.

But, romance is a force that is very hard to resist. There are the 'what if's', the curiosity about taking things further, the maybe missed opportunity of a relationship.

But like you said, it's important to take into account the possibility that the relationship might end with all the negative consequences. I was lucky to leave the workplace once the relationship with my coworker got sour. I can't imagine myself working with him after all this. :lmao: