Dang! They cancelled my interview

HokeyReligions

I had an interview slated for today at 1:00 and they had to cancel it. The will get back with me to reschedule it (and I'm confident that they will) but I was all set. Wore my best suit and had my hair pinned up and everything!

It sounds like a decent position and its only about two blocks from where I am now so it's perfect on my bus route! I actually worked in that building a few years ago.

I also heard that I am still in the running for a middle-management position for the company that I bitched about before! (I had two interviews with them, and they wouldn't leave me alone) The president is still out of town (for another week) and when he gets back he wants to meet with me again and have me meet with yet one more person at their office. When I last talked to the VP and the Controller they said that pantsuits would be fine, so that is one hurdle out of the way. I'll deal with the loooooong drive because at the salary they are now offering, I can buy a car in a matter of about seven months!

Same with the position downtown (if I get an offer--haven't had the in-person interview yet, but the telephone interview went fantastic)

ah, hokey, just have fun strutting around in your power-suit ... if you manage to instill fear in others while wearing it, so much the better!

how are you coping with all the wet weather? Got a copy of Saturday's Houston Chronicle[/b] and read about all the problems the water was causing in Houston and Galveston. Ugh ~ I can imagine how much more humid it is down there ....

Good luck with the interview, you're going to blow their socks off!

quank

• Author
HokeyReligions

Thanks!

My strutting consisted of kicking off my heels and walking around barefoot-in-pantyhose, and telling anyone who commented to 'deal with it'! :)

As I type this it is thundering and lightening and pouring down rain. I've had to give two of the dogs sedatives because of their fear of storms! It is like living in a sauna! There is a lot of flooding around. Our yearly rainfall is supposed to be 47" and we are already at 40" for the year!!!

Hokey,

Have you thought of sending the president or VP an email with your avatar? I'm needing a new secretary......

• Author
HokeyReligions

LOL!

I wonder what our secretary (or if I take that one job, I'll be supervising an entire department) would think if they saw their manager had my avatar! LOLOL! I'd never get anyone to get any work done! :p

I *might* show my boss when I leave my current position. He knows I'm on LS during lunch and he's pretty cool--we've talked about some sensitive issues and shared some off-color jokes. He would probably enjoy it, but I would have to wait until I'm leaving that job---I think it would have an effect on our working arrangement!

Hokey, if you show your current boss, you might get a raise and stay......or he'll get a raise for sure....hehe :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
HokeyReligions

Krap!

I'm glad now that I did NOT take that position. I had a bad feeling about it and I was finding excuses to not take it (attire/distance) Now I know why it felt wrong. The company was just bought out! They knew it was likely and were trying to hire new people mainly as a bargaining chip. The location of the main office will not even be in Texas so the position I would have been hired for would be dissolved. At least they grew a conscious about it finally! When the Pres came back after his 4th of July holiday he came clean and withdrew the offer. He knew it wasn't right morally.

I went through that a few years ago. I took a position that I really loved. Lots of autonomy and some decision making and leadership. I started that job in April and the company closed its doors July 31st.

Whew!

I'm still a-lookin! (although I just negotiated a salary increase and paid vacation with my contract company!) I'm GOOOOOD!!! :):cool:

reasontosigh

Wow, HR!!!! Good thing you didn't jump on that offer!!! I'm glad you listened to your hunches. Good luck on the upcoming interview!!

We had some really bad storms over the past few days too. Umbrella broke on Monday when a big wind gust came up while on my way home. And the way the rain was coming down then left me as beyond Drowned-Rat stage - more like Drowned-Rat-Buried-At-Sea!!! :eek: