Am I being paranoid or should I be worried?

I started a temporary assignment 3 months ago. There was the chance it could go permanent but not guaranteed. Originally there were 6 of us hired for this project. Out of the original 6 there are only 2 of us, me and another girl, still working.

Over the 3 months other temp associates have come and gone, kind of like a revolving door. But as of the last 30 days we have a good solid core of 5 of us.

Last week we were all offered permanent positions. The supervisor told us all together that she wanted to bring us on board. She said she talked to our recruiter at the staffing agency before she even told us. She had us all fill out the company's mandatory application.

The original plan for us 5 temporary associates was to start as permanent employees mid September, because our assignment ends on August 31st and they have to go through the red tape of posting the positions, having them posted for a week, and then filling them. So for about 2 weeks us temps would be out of a job.

And then a weird thing happened.

2 of my supervisor's permanent staff (that have the same position that we are all temping at right now) have decided to leave so she all of the sudden had 2 more positions open, except that these would be available for the 1st of September.

We (the temps) all assumed she would offer the immediate permanent positions to me and the other girl who have been there for 3 months. We were half right. She offered one of the slots to the other girl who has been there for 3 months and the other one to one of the temps who has been there for only 30 days.

This bothers me because 1) Obviously I've been there for 3 months 2) We are all hired for the same position and her 2 new vacant positions are the same position we are all working now and 3) She already said we were all offered permanent positions so what is the point in making me wait unless it's a personal slight against me and 4) I've always kind of felt like she didn't like me very much.

She told my recruiter on my very first day that I was late and I wasn't. That always struck me as very odd and to this day I don't know why she told my recruiter that. She told him I came in at 8:10 and it was she, in fact, who came in at 8:10. This always bothered me.

She fired one of my friends - one of the "revolving door" temps, for what I felt were very petty reasons. I know it showed on my face that I was not happy she fired her when she told us that my friend was not coming back. But other than that, I don't know why she wouldn't like me, but maybe that's enough.

I've never had cross words with this supervisor. I'm always polite to her. And she did, to my face, after calling me in to her office, tell me that I was offered a permanent position to start mid September, but honestly, I just don't trust her after the way she offered the immediate-non-gap-permanent-position to someone else and I don't feel comfortable taking her word. There is going to be an annoying 2 week gap in employment when supposedly someone in HR from the company is supposed to call and offer the permanent positions to us 3 remaining temporary associates and I just don't feel confident about it.

Today as I was leaving the supervisor called down the hall "Goodnight!" to me and I know this sounds a little crazy, but it felt very fake to me because she has never once said goodnight to me as I was leaving. Just to not sound totally paranoid because I know in text it looks that way, but I told my friend (one of the temps I work with) about it and she also agreed that it was weird.

So, should I start looking for new work? Thanks.