Flirting with boss

confused_intern

Hi,

About 4 weeks ago I started my 4 months unpaid internship. I love it there. My manager is the nicest man. He is about mid to late 50s. He is married but has no children. He says children give him rash. He takes me out and only me out for lunch at least twice a week. He said, since they cannot pay me, at least he can take me now and them for lunch. I started to like him a bit more than just a manager. I know it is a bad idea to flirt with superior, does he like me? Id he just being friendly with me or does he like me a bit more than just an intern?

I begin to like him a bit. How do I let him know that? How do I flirt with him?

I am 29 years old.

Confused_intern

Are you investing yourself into a four month unpaid internship to get job skills, experience, and references? Then be professional.

What got me was when you said you were 29 and not 19. Do you really want to risk your professional reputation by flirting with your older MARRIED boss? Why on earth would you want to do that?

At the very least, finish out your internship and get the "credit" before embarking into these very murky waters.

I think the best thing to do is to just keep it professional. He is married first of all, and you wouldn't want some young girl flirting with your husband if you were married. And if anything happened and was found out, it could ruin your career and reputation.

chucksagent

confused intern - if you are hot and/or have a great body and show it, he probably likes you. If not, he is probably just being nice. Unless you have a GREAT personality and are very smart.

amaysngrace

Tell him thanks for lunch.

Then go to dinner with someone who isn't your married boss.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm not one to judge..I had the biggest crush on my married boss and the funny thing is now that I'm over it he flirts soooo much haha..shoes on the other foot now and I'm loving it.

Anyway back to you enjoy your crush but don't act on it.. It's not worth the heartache it will cause..it's ok to flirt but don't take it any further

Due to the thread starter never returning to this thread and it being a magnet for spam, I'm closing it up.