What would you do in this case?

seahawker64

Quick synopsis of my situation. I'm a sales rep. for a company that sells office equipment. We have quota's to make monthly. Some months those happen and some months those don't. It's the nature of the beast. When we make the quota's they love us when we don't, it's constant threats of being fired. We have had 7 sales people be hired and fired in the year since I have been there. Non stop revolving door. They have requested all sales people work 60 hours per work give or take. That time is essentially to be spent updating our data bases. Quote's and presentation's for potential new customers are to be done on off hours and not during work hours. ( I thought they were paying me to get new customers? ) The stress is becoming a major issue for me and is affecting every aspect of my life. I worry about work non-stop. I can be spending time with my kids but my head is a million miles away worried about the next threat of a firing.

Would you stay or start looking for something else. There has to be a life / home balance. What would you do?

Would you stay or start looking for something else. There has to be a life / home balance. What would you do?

Start looking, quietly

• Like 1
pink_sugar

Definitely agree. All that stress is no good. Look for something else asap. You're not your own boss, so you should be expected to work outside of work and not get paid.

• Like 1
MuscleCarFan

Management must be dumb because one would expect to look for new customers during work hours, not after. Look for a new job ASAP.