Yesterday at work it was so busy and I was forced to make 180 something salads.I mean I was a little mad that they would put the work load on me.In the summer they sell alot of salads but I only have 4 in a half hours to make them.I cant stand the pressure.I know they would not give that much work to someone else.I just been stressed out from all of this.

Patty

Patty:

Why don't you do just the amount of work you are able to do without being stressed. If you only make 350 salads in that period of time, well let them get somebody on the next shift to make the rest. I don't think you should race and work yourself into a nervous breakdown because of some arbitrary number. Do they ask other people to make that many salads in 4 1/2 hours?

Do what you reasonably can. If you bust your butt to do everything they ask you to, they're just going to keep asking you to do more and more, faster and faster. That's the way it works in businesses like that. Give them their money's worth of your time but, remember, there is only one of you and only one of you gets paid.

• Author

Thanks for your advice,Tony.Your advise,is very helpful.And I think I'll go by your advise and not worry if I cant get them finshed.The other people get mad if they have to do my work and thats the reason,I've been working over time to finish them.I think for now on,I wont put so much pressure on myself.

Do they ask other people to make that many salads in 4 1/2 hours?

No,they dont.

Patty