need new job - how to move on

hello,

my job has taken it's toll on me - i need to find a new one. does anybody know of a good place to have someone help you with your resume. or where to find samples of good ones. website or local organizations (maryland)

also thinking of changing profession - but have no clue to what - has anyone been it that situtation - how did you decide to make the change.

thank you!

tattoomytoe

i am soo at that point too....or it is pms.

i like the people i work with, they are all nice. but it is the petty favoritism, gender biased type attitudes that make me so sick! and just cause i do not know your wife, kiss your ass, date your son, etc... does not mean i am a slacking, incompetant fool.

i am never thanked or supportively critiqued, it is always hey, you f!cked up again, fix it now!

i really would like to do something else...and i am looking into some schools around here with what i had in mind....but i really do not see how i am going to afford school and my car, house, grocieries, and hell gas...if i am not working, but i do not see how i can go to scholl and work too. i am not that ambitious...it would totally be setting myself up to fail, i have done it before.

but i do not want to be here!

bluechocolate

A very good book for helping you decide how to change professions is

"What Colour is Your Parachute? A Practicle Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers"

They usually come out with one every year - get it!! honestly, it's full of great information and exercises. I've just gone and grabbed my 2000 copy (I've been buying them every few years since the early 80's!) - it has chapter titles like "Rejection Shock", "You Can Do It", and "How to Find Your Mission in Life"

Also the Dummy series has:

"Job Interview for Dummies"

another book full of useful info. and great to help you prepare for job interviews, and

"Resumes for Dummies"

Good Luck