just a part-time job

white_angelbreath

I agree that scams online do exists. They offer palatable websites tempting you to take whatever they offer because you know you need it. They too also know that you need what they offer.

I am also looking for a part-time job online. I've surfed some sites that offer money by taking their surveys. Does it really work? I mean do you really get paid for it? I do not know if its legitimate or not. Any advice?

Knowing that there are a lot of illegitimate businesses online and some scam news frightens me to venture into having a part-time job online.

Sarah12385

hm that's a good question.

i'd love to have a job online. i'm majoring in Business Administration, first thing i'm gonna try for it an online job.

~Sarah~

HokeyReligions

I was referred to a site once by a co-worker. She said it was great, take the survey, offer your opinions, get paid.

She had just completed it and was told that she would receive $25 within a few days and would she like to take another? She said no, because she was skeptical and wanted to make sure she got paid for the first one. She was still waiting when I went to the website.

I answered the prequalification questions (used a hotmail account) and proceeded to select the survey. It took me about 45 minutes to get through all of the questions. I felt really committed to the whole thing by then ;) (I should have BEEN committed!)

At the end of the survey I was told I would receive a payment into my checking account and was asked to provide the name of my bank and my checking account information. They had all these warnings about not giving ATM machine codes or pin numbers, etc. like it was supposed to make me feel better about giving them my checking account number. Yeah, right. I did NOT give them my account number and I reported them. My friend, on the other hand, (who is not a stupid person by any means) did give them the information. I had her contact her bank with the information and sure enough, she found out that they were trying to make a withdrawal from her account of several hundred dollars! Her bank caught them and would not allow it, but sometimes these places are not caught!

I keep hoping that there are some legit 'at home' jobs, but I have yet to find one. I won't pay a fee to anyone to give me a list of them. If they are legit, then they are looking for employees and would not require someone to pay a fee!

Note: I HAVE participated in legitimate surveys and been paid. Last year I went to a wine tasting survey (lasted a few hours) at a business. There was a large panel of people and we tasted different wines (frozen/blender wines) and the panel discussion was led by someone and we had specific questions to answer. I was paid around a hundred dollars I think (I don't remember now) for this. The year before I participated in a mock-trial which was really fascinating (it was prior to the Pizer trial about the diabetic woman who died's family who sued the drug company) and we had the actualy trial lawyers, evidence, everything but the witnesses. We had to give a verdict and this was to make sure that the defense (the huge drug company) would have the best case possible. I was paid something like $300 for that! (the drug company could afford it).

I know about these survey places because I used to conduct surveys when I was in college (the second time) and that is how I met my husband. But you can probably find some of these research places in your area. Call them and ask if they have any surveys going on and get on their lists. They don't all pay huge amounts, but some do.

• Author
white_angelbreath

Thanks for reminding me!

I am skeptical about some websites that I am surfing through though they were very interesting to me because I want to have a part-time job. I didn't know that there are scam businesses out there that offers to get you paid but before they do they first offer you to take their products. At first they "looked" legitimate to me. Good thing though that I finally realized and also with the comments you made that if they really offered you a job, you wouldn't have to pay them first! Yikes! Now it really do appear to me that the website I just surfed through is a scam! LOL!