Any fun jobs out there??

dreaming4ever

Hi,

I'm a student who is now looking for a full time summer job for the next 4 months. I love working with children...I love writing...I love being outdoors in the summer. The thing is that this summer I want to actually have a FUN job that I enjoy, not just one I have to spend 4 months trying to get through and hating it but staying for the money. Anyone have any ideas?? Maybe you once had a job for the summer you loved once....please give me ideas!!

average guy

A lot of places have Summer daycare for children and teens where they need extra help just for the Summer - it sounds like exactly what you want to do. Try asking your localschools, government, other daycares, etc.

Good luck...and have fun! :)

• Author
dreaming4ever

Ok....since I got SUCH an AMAZING response, I'm guessing most jobs out there suck.....yay! :(

tattoomytoe

try stripping...great music, great money...what's not to love?

• Author
dreaming4ever

OMG!!!!! :confused: You're saying this as a joke cuz you read my "against stripping" thread right? lol....good one....

• 2 weeks later...
chubachoop

Would you be able to work with disabled kids? join up with a play scheme or respite scheme. you choose your hours in some of these jobs and you work with a whole load of young people, taking disabled children out on day trips. i do it every summer and its wicked, you get paid for going to zoos and theme parks etc

• 1 month later...
simplybrill

I would say work with kids too, unless you're like myself in which case young children run from you screaming for their mothers...

Fast paced environments always work, but sometimes they're not fun. I worked a coffee shop one summer, that was cool because I got free drinks and I constantly interacted with people every 5-10 mins. It satisfied my ADD immensely. :p

I would stay away from the clothing stores, that involves lots of standing and folding things perfectly, when you're just going to have bratty teenagers come and rip through your perfect square of summer knit sweaters like a bull in a china shop anyways...

So you're left with working with kids, coffee shops, the night-scene (bartending maybe) if you're certified, waiting tables at a local hangout, or if you're at Uni working on campus.

Hope this helped some! :bunny:

InmannRoshi
Originally posted by dreaming4ever

Hi,

I'm a student who is now looking for a full time summer job for the next 4 months. I love working with children...I love writing...I love being outdoors in the summer. The thing is that this summer I want to actually have a FUN job that I enjoy, not just one I have to spend 4 months trying to get through and hating it but staying for the money. Anyone have any ideas?? Maybe you once had a job for the summer you loved once....please give me ideas!!

Probably too late now, but the next time your looking for a fun 4 month summer job, check with backdoorjobs.com