Why does she always look at that area?

A sincere question for the ladies.

i'm entirely too embarrassed to ask this question to this particular female co-worker or any other female co-workers or my spouse.

So I begging for an honest female prospective from loveshack.org forums.

I'm just an average looking 50 year old guy (no cassanova or anything like that) but at my place of employment this sweet attractive 40 year old female that I work with has an habit of ALWAYS I mean, she ALWAYS seriously checks out my male area. It happens almost 5-10 times I pass by her office.

If we are in a conversation, I'll be talking to her,she will without hesitation glance at my pelvic area. Looking at face, then glancing directly down there.

I almost want to ask her "why are you staring down there" but I don't want to embarrass her nor place her in a negative light. She a good friend of mine and I don't hurt her or make her feel uncomfortable. Because it's not that big of a deal I'll such searching for answers why this is so.

Now I've known this woman for over 15 years and there is w/o a doubt no attempts to flirt by doing this. i know she does NOT have any desires to be with me sexually (nor I) we're both married, beside she's so in love with her children and happily married to do so.

But I never had a woman almost x-ray stare at my private parts. It's been like this for over 10 years.

So my reason for asking is I'm simply trying g to understand why she does this.

There is no wrong or right assumption, just trying to understand WHY?

I've come to the finally conclusion, which since I' m not female is probably completely off based. Is it..........

1. She has a husband or previous BF with a noticeable package so she looks without realizing she's staring at that area of my body.

2. She does it purely out of habit

3. Maybe just like a man staring at a female tits or butt, she just does it without any sexual motive whatever, just admiring the scenery ....this is what I believe is truly happening.

Please understand I'm not upset, angry, nor have an penis ego or feel she doing anything wrong, just trying to get an answer to a question only a woman could possibly answer.

Thanks in advance & Merry Christmas!

Since she is a good friend of yours, I don't understand why you can't just come out & ask her why? (But not while others are around, of course!) Maybe she's just not aware of where she's staring? Some people feel shy after they make eye contact and look down quickly after it.

I can definitely relate, though. Used to have a co-worker look me up & down several times during conversation. I think it's rude. But I never said anything to her. We had rival positions and weren't friends at all. Thank goodness most people don't do that kind of thing.

Edited by OpenBook

Well, this is very embarassing.

I think many women will agree, that they won't be provoked just seeing the private parts of a man, but by kissing, touch, caressing etc.

But what she's looking at are your private parts. So there's nothing to explain that it is not something related to sex. Does she look at other men at the same way? If it is only you, I think she's interested in having sex with you, or it may be some mental status that we don't understand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

No she does not look at our man like that,at least as far as I can tell.

Size, bigger than the norm, been called "the guy with the print".

So maybe it was that too...just not something she does to other guys.

Wish I could ask her, but it would probably change everything.

The next time she stares, make a very deliberate point of checking the zip in your fly by giving it an emphatic tug upwards as if you are concerned your flies are undone. If that won't work, simply ask her if your flies are undone, as if you would be embarrassed if they were.

I had an old work colleague who when I pointed out to him when his flies were undone he simply pulled himself together and joked "Dead birds don't fall out of their nests".

Since she is a good friend of yours, I don't understand why you can't just come out & ask her why? (But not while others are around, of course!) Maybe she's just not aware of where she's staring? Some people feel shy after they make eye contact and look down quickly after it.

Just what I wanted to suggest. Well might be that she is not actually looking at some definite part of you, just lowering her eyes. How old is she? I certainly remember my mom told me that it was customary to teach girls to do exactly that - lower the gaze, the instructions however did not say to look at any particular area. But this is exactly what happens. Well my mom told it to me half joking, but you never know if her parents did take it seriously. Something like "This is what good girls do: not stare in peoples eyes the whole conversation as that may be percieved as confrontation". If this is the case, your straightforward question will be a shock to her.

• 3 weeks later...