I confessed that I had feelings for my boss and he immediately said it was inappropriate he informed hr later and I came to know about it from hr. After that I started looking for job. When I went to speak with on any issue he would avoid me and act rude. If he saw me in the hallway he make deep eye contact and become the sweet person I always knew. He and i always flirted and i know he was interested vHe also said he would want to work me etc after I found my new job since they would allow us to work. But last day before I left I had a meeting with him and his door was open and acted very business and said how impossible it is for us to work together and that was going on vacation with family. He knew I was going to meet hr after my meeting. I left and I write to him but only responds in business manner.he happens to be senior management. I called him few times to see if we could talk on things in person or by phone but said I should try his work number and left him vmails but said more than happy to talk on phone but I only get his mailbox. When we last met he told me to keep in touch. Is there any rule that prevents him from contacting me. It has only been few months. Or is he not interested in me. I love him. We are both married and have kids. He is many years senior to me. Please do not judge me. Will he ever contact me. I really want to see him and I am dying here.

Well, I think he's got feelings for you, but doesn't want to act on them. That's what you wanted to hear, didn't you?

He knows that acting on these feelings and encouraging you would take both of you nowhere, but straight towards the hell. Naturally, it's human nature, that we know what is right, but cannot always act right. So sometimes his heart rules over his head and that's why he sometimes becomes so close to you IMO.

It appears that it's very hard for you to set boundaries. So try to contiue no contact. I'm sure he won't pursue you then, unless you keep on trying. You have already ruined your self respect.

You are likely to ruin two families. Walk out just now, the end is going to be more painful whichever way it happens. So act immediately!

Edited by kamani
Mistake
  • Author

Kamani thanks ! I have very strong morale and I never let his advances impact me ( did not make it ) although inside I was so weak emotionally. I have a lot of respect for him. Due to certain unforeseen circumstances I flat out said things but the irony is it was true. I love him so much that I will do anything for him. He means so much to me and will always be like until I die. What I really want is to know if ever liked me the way I did. I do not want to ruin our families. My marriage is already over as my husband hardly cares and we are only staying for kids. I do not want to break his family though. I wish he only called me once to clear everything and that we could still remain friends etc. He is not responding at all and it so hard as he is in mine mind all the time.

When you admitted your feelings, it got real for him it seems. So he withdrew, knowing that he didn't want to break up his own family. I don't know the background, but I assume you two had flirtations and nice moments that seemed to be more than just business? This happens a lot with people, they have work husbands, or work wives so to speak, but they won't allow themselves to take it further. I think it's good that you don't want to break up his family, so you need to leave him alone. I know personally how hard it is to not get any answers, it leaves you feeling in anguish, but forcing the issue with him won't make things better.

I recommend you reading my thread, about my emotional involvement with a co-worker

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/friendship/347033-should-i-continue-him-friend

Follow the advice given there.

Though you claim you don't want to ruin his family, it will eventually happen. Your feelings have gone out of hand even now.

Your boss sounds disgusting to me. He flirts with you, responds to you and then informs it to HR. If he is interested in anyway, it is merely 'sexual' it means. You are likely to be used as a sexual object.

Don't contact him ever again. If you feel the urge to contact him, post here, like many do. PLEASE DON'T CONTACT HIM.

While relationships at work can be very complicated depending on the company, your admitting your feelings to him while you both are married is not a good idea for the workplace unless you already have another job lined up, as this could have easily threatened your job position. Unless you both have immediate plans for divorce, don't expect anything from him and I would move on if I were you.

• Author

Our company is to disclose such circumstances. He is the senior management has a lot of investments in the company and would loose his job if he did not do it. I was frustrated too at the beginning but later realized that it was his duty to do so. But my question from legal point to those in us is can he not v

Contact me for a year. It has less than 3months. When he writes to me from his company email it is "to see you " instead of good or glad etc. Yes I plan to go non contact. Every time when there is an urge I remember and call my god's name out and ask for his mercy to remain strong it has been 10 Days and it is working for me. I believe in god and I promised that I would not contact him ever unless if it was for business , references etc. Thanks all for the support.