If he only talks to me about work, does it mean he's not interested?

I was transferred from a store to another, at least temporarily. There's this guy in the new store I get along with. We click and seem to have a lot of chemistry.

The thing is he doesn't talk much about matters other than work. Even though we have a blast even just discussing about work (we graduated from the same discipline back in school).

My question is if a guy only talks to his female coworker about work, no matter how passionately, does it mean he's not interested in her more than a coworker? Even if he's a workaholic and an ambitious person?

Have you tried to talk about anything other than work? Try to steer the conversation towards his life outside of work and see how it goes.

• Author

I haven't much. Don't know why.

I feel he's tried a little. Quite subtly. But for some reason, I shy away from it. Probably I feel he doesn't like to talk much about non-work matters so I feel he's a little "different," and prefer to talk about work. After a while, I just take him to be that, and "build up a wall."

This probably sound convoluting.

I also don't know why I don't talk much to him about other than work. It could be a chicken and egg issue? :o:confused: