Employer calls on a Saturday morning to schedule a interview for Monday???

I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY". I feel it was extremely stupid for someone to contact me on saturday to schedule a interview when they could have called on Friday or just waited until Monday.

What if I planned on leaving town this weekend and wasn't schedule to arrive back in town until Sunday Night?

Atleast when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.

Why are you acting like this is an offensive act on the part of the employer? Maybe they were working today, because they had to, because they've got a lot going on and didn't get it all done during the work week, and are now sitting in their offices going through resumes? Big deal.*

What if you're gone over the weekend? Who cares? Call back and reschedule. What if you're actually employed somewhere else and they want to schedule an interview while you're traveling for business during the week? Reschedule. Same damn thing. You're not even employed right now, so what's the problem? I doubt that they're calling you on a Sat while they are sitting at home by the fireplace watching a show on TV, just to annoy the heck outta you.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed offensive remark
  • Like 3

So are you actually very interested in the position? I think you could easily wait until Monday morning to call back (owing no explanations). Then let them know which days you're available for an interview. Don't give it a second thought that you HAVE to reply over the weekend. If they are good enough for you and they want you, they won't think anything of it that you wait until Monday morning to call and that you won't be able to meet that same day.

• Author
Why are you acting like this is an offensive act on the part of the employer? Maybe they were working today, because they had to, because they've got a lot going on and didn't get it all done during the work week, and are now sitting in their offices going through resumes? Big deal.*

What if you're gone over the weekend? Who cares? Call back and reschedule. What if you're actually employed somewhere else and they want to schedule an interview while you're traveling for business during the week? Reschedule. Same damn thing. You're not even employed right now, so what's the problem? I doubt that they're calling you on a Sat while they are sitting at home by the fireplace watching a show on TV, just to annoy the heck outta you.

My point is I wouldn't have gotten the message until sunday night and wouldn't be able to go to the interview. I;m just pointing out how stupid employers operate in 2012

• Author
So are you actually very interested in the position? I think you could easily wait until Monday morning to call back (owing no explanations). Then let them know which days you're available for an interview. Don't give it a second thought that you HAVE to reply over the weekend. If they are good enough for you and they want you, they won't think anything of it that you wait until Monday morning to call and that you won't be able to meet that same day.

No not really I was just showing a example of the arrogance of employers in 2012.

No not really I was just showing a example of the arrogance of employers in 2012.

I can't for the life of me see how setting up an interview on Saturday is arrogant, they might have to fill the position and are using every available day to find the right person.

Many company's run 24/7 and while calling you on Saturday for a Monday interview might be a tight schedule for you it wasn't for them.. they are the ones hiring and honestly after reading your post it wasn't for you either.. you weren't out of town.

By the way... I'm refinancing our house this week, the banker called and sent me an email at 9:30pm last night... so what...?

Can you imagine how inappropriate it would have been for me to tell him to contact me only during bankers hours ?

• Like 7

Terminations frequently take place just prior to close of business on Friday. I'd figure your résumé floated to the top on Sat am and you got a call immediately.

The potential employer would have no idea you are unemployed.

Just my experience.

• Author
Terminations frequently take place just prior to close of business on Friday. I'd figure your résumé floated to the top on Sat am and you got a call immediately.

The potential employer would have no idea you are unemployed.

Just my experience.

They just know if they look at the resume

Readers here have no idea what the date of your résumé submission was. The employer knows a date it was received but you could have had a job offer, accepted and be newly employed.

• Author
Readers here have no idea what the date of your résumé submission was. The employer knows a date it was received but you could have had a job offer, accepted and be newly employed.

I applied on Tuesday as a possible backup but something else came through 2 days later.

You're now flooded with interviews and waiting out the verification process.

When it rains it pours, let the offers begin!!!

Got a favorite you'd accept at this point?

I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY".

For many employers, the "poor economy" has nothing to do with it; not everyone works during banking hours and I'm not sure why you have your panties in such a bunch about it. Why aren't you thankful?

What if I planned on leaving town this weekend and wasn't schedule to arrive back in town until Sunday Night?

Then you would have missed the opportunity. Life is full of "what if's" and dwelling on such drivel is pointless.

Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.

And throw away an opportunity at a job because they contacted you on a Saturday? How do you spell L..A..M..E.....??????

• Like 3
  • Author
You're now flooded with interviews and waiting out the verification process.

When it rains it pours, let the offers begin!!!

Got a favorite you'd accept at this point?

Not sure yet, I want to see what the job is all about I interview for on Wednesday. So far I like the one where they are checking references

• Author
For many employers, the "poor economy" has nothing to do with it; not everyone works during banking hours and I'm not sure why you have your panties in such a bunch about it. Why aren't you thankful?

Then you would have missed the opportunity. Life is full of "what if's" and dwelling on such drivel is pointless.

And throw away an opportunity at a job because they contacted you on a Saturday? How do you spell L..A..M..E.....??????

I applied to it as a backup on 10/23 but something else came into the picture on 10/25 so now I don't have to worry about it. The job was something I really don't have a lot of experience in and only applied because my UC clock is ticking. I had no idea I would get called to come in for a interview from another job 2 days later. So the decision was already made that I wasn't going to the interview if called. I was just poking fun at how she calls on a saturday for a monday interview.

Sounds like you have good options and I wish you the best. It can be difficult to evaluate the atmosphere, future opportunity and such going in.

Few things are more nerve wracking than a job search. Add a down economy, election year and oh boy!

I applied to it as a backup on 10/23 but something else came into the picture on 10/25 so now I don't have to worry about it. The job was something I really don't have a lot of experience in and only applied because my UC clock is ticking. I had no idea I would get called to come in for a interview from another job 2 days later. So the decision was already made that I wasn't going to the interview if called. I was just poking fun at how she calls on a saturday for a monday interview.

Go to the interview anyway. The others may not come through...

• Author
Sounds like you have good options and I wish you the best. It can be difficult to evaluate the atmosphere, future opportunity and such going in.

Few things are more nerve wracking than a job search. Add a down economy, election year and oh boy!

The job I just had the second interview for has 0% travel which is why it's high on my list.

Not sure if that would be the case for the interview I have on Wednesday.

• Author
Go to the interview anyway. The others may not come through...

I;m not really that qualified for that job and only applied because I was willing to take on something new because i was only interviewing with one job.

But since something else came through on 10/25 which is similar to the job I interviewed for, I don't need to take on that new challenge right now.

I did think about going to the interview anyway on Monday for a warm up before my wednesday interview but I don't want to spend the extra transportation money.

• Author
You'll be finding out!

The second interview I had on Thursday asked for my references email address so she could email them a letter and reference form to be completed and sent back to her.

So That allows me to buy some time until my next interview on Wednesday

I see Employers feel they can call and schedule whenever they want since they have bought into the "POOR ECONOMY". I feel it was extremely stupid for someone to contact me on saturday to schedule a interview when they could have called on Friday or just waited until Monday.

Atleast when I received a call in the past on a saturday the interview was scheduled for the following wednesday. Of course I had no interest and deleted the message.

You should have just told them to screw off. You don't need the hassle.

• Like 7

People acted like I was in the wrong for my interview to be set at one exact time and allow for no changes. That's something, this isn't.

You can't say "What if I wasn't around?!" I mean you've already said you needed a week for a haircut, I mean come on man.

You can only take so much time to "get ready" dude. If you don't want to work, that's fine but don't say you do and then say it's unreasonable to have a few day's notice. If they called the same day it'd be cutting it close, but if you were free why not?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed remark