Student Jobs and Overseas Travel

How long did it take you ex students to save for international travel?

and after you address that question I have another:

What do you think about study options for me? As I have not enjoyed the degrees I tried, and am thinking of working in the tourism industr instead.

I plan to work part or full time whilst I study next year.

I live at home and do not pay rent and have no living expensive besides petrol.

If I work part time and get government help (due to not earning enough through my job) I will prob get something like 400 dollars a week.

I plan to only spend 100 dollars a week to save like crazy.

Do you think 6months on that plan is enough to go on a 4 month back packing adventure? Maybe to a poorer country like South America?

Although I want to go to Morroco and then up to Spain and throughout Europe, living on the cheap though and staying in hostels.

Even a 1 or 2 month driving trip? My bf rode a motor bike through central America, and we want to do the same through europe.

Andrew says he is going to helpme out fiancially when we go, as he works FULL time and will therefore save more than me.

He says as long as I work as hard as I can to earn some cash to save, that he will make it so we can both travel the same amount of time.

My parents were very much into travelling and they BOTH stayed at their parents houses in order to save for a year or 6 months whilst they worked to save fro their travels.

They told me to do the same, and to please just pay rent and for the car rego when I return from my travels.

Another option is that I work full time as a personal trainer; my study course is only 4 days a week, and personal trainers can work in the evenings and tailor clients around their schedules.

HOW LONG will it take me to save for a trip!!!!!!!!!!!

I have travelled around the US and lived ad travelled a lot around Asia, and am very unsatisfied because I dream most nigths about travelling MORE, there is too much mroe I want to see, it drives me crazy.

I was born to travel and have been obsessed with it since I was about 5.

Now, here is another set of issues: I am unsatisfied with my degrees I have tried, and would rather work in the tourism industry.

I have even deferred my Uni degree, and am considering NOT GOING BACK, and instead just becoming a travel agent , or becoming a tour guide and learning a second language, as I am more passionate about this than my STUPID degree courses I have tried.

My degree would have been in social work, or I would have gotten a masters in Psychology in order to practice as one but don't think I could have handeld all the BORING BORING BORING 5 years of that process.

I just find the 4 year process of a degree LACKlustre, there are literally NO Interesting materials. Where as the shorter courses at community colleges are MUCH MORE INTERESTING.

Even anthrology was boring as hell; the teachers would tell totally fascinating stories about people and cultures, then all we would do is go and read a bunch of material that was SO boring. It's ALL we did. Never anything remarkable or exciting.

I was considering primary school or kindergarten teaching, as I am good with kids, but instead of doing basis kiddie math, you have to pass a much harder math course that has NOTHING to do with the level at which you would teach.

Anyway. I am done with doing freakin maths, which you need for nutrition, psych, sociology, or teaching. I get you need basic math, but the math you do is totally not related to ANYTHING you do in your jobs; I have asked people who have done the degrees...

At most, I could stomach statistics, that is nto that bad I liked it even, but any other type of math is SO boring and pointless.

I could earn a living being a travel agent, and there is room for career progression, and I could easily do personal training on the side

....I really want to be a travel agent as a 9 - 5 job, then some evenings train people on the side, and o some weekends. I WOULD EARN A GOOD LIVING doing those two jobs, in that fashion.

Travel agents only start out on 25 bucks an hour, but you also get commision albiet not THAT much to begin with.

And the personal training on top would be what makes me a GOOD living.

• Author

Basically, would the 4 years of boring work at Uni/college be worth it, would I actually get paid that much more than if I were just a travel agent that does personal training on the side?

Successfull personal trainers get 70K a year once they have a lot of experience.

Where as travel agents only get about 35 K starting out if LUCKY. But you get more, the more experienced you are.

Senior travel agents get paid 50K - 70K, and the senior ones get 90K after YEARS at the job.

Maybe if I start as a travel agent NOW, in my mid 20's, I will have done it long enough by the time I am older, in order for it to be a good income when I am say, 40 plus. Even if I switch to personal training full time for a year or two.

..I just do not know where a degree would take me, honestly. It seams like I would only have one option, where as I can do both personal training and also be a travel agent.

Where as travel agents only get about 35 K starting out if LUCKY. But you get more, the more experienced you are.

Senior travel agents get paid 50K - 70K, and the senior ones get 90K after YEARS at the job.

Maybe if I start as a travel agent NOW, in my mid 20's, I will have done it long enough by the time I am older, in order for it to be a good income when I am say, 40 plus. Even if I switch to personal training full time for a year or two.

I came from the travel industry (Hertz Rent-A-Car and two travel agencies) and the advent of the internet killed that industry but good. I have a great friend who was a third generation travel agent and he had to close his doors because everyone can book their own travel now.

The only agencies that I see with and work with are doing very corporate travel package because the executives don't have the time to book their own and I know they are working in tiny little cubicles doing grunt work.

Personally, unless you are EXTREMELY motivated to find an amazing travel niche and work it, work it, work it to death (i.e., 60+ hours a week), I think being a travel agent is as close to a dead-end job as there can be...

Sorry...

• Like 1
  • Author

wow, thanks for your input. I guess people who are in the industry do it because they want a full time job that is challenging, rather than work retail jobs that involve little skill (unless you manage)

The other option is a certificate and then diploma in community and social work, but that is not that well paid I am guessing. This qualification takes a year to get

Then yet another option is child care, as I am naturally good with and around kids and like looking after them.This takes two years to get your diploma.

Last option is to just be a personal trainer at night, while I study a degree.

I have also just got into event work on weekends, so University plus personal training and weekend work should se me earning en income whilst studying.

The LAST LAST LAST option is to just study full time, and work menial jobs part time.

In order to study full time and save by working part time in menial jobs, I would HAVE to live at home in order to EVER travel in my 20's.

The degrees I can get into that I am remotely interested in are; nutrition, teaching (which u need amasters in to get any work), psychology (BORING and you need a masters to wet ANY work), or social sciences.

But I mostly hate them and only like the jobs at the end. The content of nutrition when I tried it out was 100% useless in the industry, and I think you only really need basic chemistry and graph reading, personally.

I did not like how they made you do the sort of maths that was totally useless for your degree, JUST TO MAKE SURE YOUR SMART enough to get a "degree". That is what it FELT like - that they made you do the maths just to make sure your "smart enough", when really, it was 100% useless to ANY job besides math dominated ones.

• Author

And here, travel agancies look nice to work at, even though it is very hard work and the pay is sh*tty.

You do not work at small cubicles, but you have large deskes and a few of you sit in a travel agency and deal eith customers face to face.

To me, it is a high class retail job; you have skills, work full time rather than part time like clothes stores, but the pay is the same.

• Author

what should I do what should I do

I am about to start working events on the weekend, but that will not be enough to study and save for any travel.

I have one last ditch idea..

I could work a bit, part time (as that is all I can get in my industries), and live at home for 6 months more and save for one 4 month trip abroad.

Then I could come home from the travel and study full time, and work on the side when I can.

I do not want full time study with NO work or travel or life to be my only option for a good life. I really want just ONE trip before studying full time.

I am still not sure if I will study a degree or ..... get a lesser paying job that is still a professional one.

My daughter, your age, went to Alaska and worked for 6 months as a tour guide (horseback and jeep), in housekeeping in a hotel, and as a bell person hauling luggage.

There were dozens of young people with student work visas from all over the world working there.

She lived in company housing. There was a nominal charge for housing.

She saved about $6000 US over the 6 months.

She's been back here with me for 2 weeks. She had a truck which she just sold to get more travel money. Through an agency that specializes in connecting people who want to travel and work seasonally, she got a phone interview with a very high end resort in Tasmania. She had to apply for and get a visa and purchase her plane ticket, which cost a lot ($1400).

Per the visa, she can only work at a job in Australia for 6 months, and then she must change jobs.

She is going to be giving walking and kayak tours. The pay is very low and she doesn't have many hours guaranteed. There is housing and a small portion of her pay will be withheld for it.

I think this is pretty typical of the way that students and low income young people manage to see the world.

• Author

I think I will work in events on weekends when I can, get a retail of hospitality job part time, and study full time.

I am strongly leaning towards a degree now. But I Just need to find the right one.

I'm still confused. All I know is the areas I like. And that I am going to go on one big 4 month trip before settling into full time study.

My parents are okay with me working full time or part time, and only studying part time for 6 months, just so I can work as much as I can in order to travel, whilst also working towards my future job.

I WANT to study full time for the most part, I just want to TRAVEL once first.

I have one last trip I neeed out of my system, then I am right to study full time and wait until my degree finishes.

I am going to see a career councellor. I need to pick a degree that earns me a decent living, that I WILL actually get work in.

My aversion to a degree was that: even if you get one, you may not get ajob, and many people do not find jobs for years.

That is why I am thinking of getting into personal training, and becoming say, a child care worker, so as to have a career to FALL BACK ON after my degree.

You see, I could finish my degree, not get a job, and have to rely on retail or events work; they are UNREALIABLE industries, so I thought why not get another back up option.

• Author

I have an interview for a jewellery store that is a good place to work that I would love. I prob won't get it though, even though I interview well (have been told)

I also have an interview with an events company that does weddings and parties, for next Thurs. I am 98% sure I will get it, as it is 100% about your personality and personal presentation.

So I am confident I should get a job next year that I can do, if it is only part time I will happily do 3 subjects at Uni.

I really have a huge desire to go back and study actually, now that I know what u want in my degree (after I have had a few misses)

I think I will be alright. Even working part time, livinf at home will enable me to do some travel, even if it is just once.

I am going to the Uni tomorrow to see if I can talk to anyone about my options, I may have to apply very soon to enter a degree.

I feel a great sense of.. something really, really good, when I envision myself studying again at Uni, finally.

But you know, I need work on the side to travel at least once.

That is why I am thinking of getting into personal training, and becoming say, a child care worker, so as to have a career to FALL BACK ON after my degree.

You see, I could finish my degree, not get a job, and have to rely on retail or events work; they are UNREALIABLE industries, so I thought why not get another back up option.

I thought you were already trained and qualified to be a personal trainer?

What happened to the nutritionist program? I thought that was your big passion?

You are very much all over the place. That's okay, lots of people are at times of their lives. But you probably ought to recognize this about yourself and stop trying to figure out exactly what you want to do.

You have been here for over 2 years and you have said probably a dozen completely diverse things about what you are doing or what you intend to do. That says to me that you are not in a place to make a decision about your future. (YOU NEED A STEADY THERAPIST)

The thing to do in this state of mind is to just go to work. If you really do have training to be a personal trainer, what is holding you back from going to all the gyms in your city and getting a job … TOMORROW?

• Like 2
  • Author

Because I need to re register to be a personal trainer. That cost over 200 dollars, which I cannot afford. I am greatful for my goverment assistance, and use it to eat and for gas money. I cannot go around spending it on anything but those things.

I plan to just get work at this stage. Then once I have established, set work, I will go back and study.

And I loved nutrition in theory and worked hard to get into that degree, but hated it when I did it. I am not afraid of hard work at all, I just disliked it.

So social sciences/social work, which my mate is doing (she also started out doing nutrition with me but changed degrees).

At least I have a good friend who can help me if I do social sciences.

She said you get about a 70K job out of it, and get to help out in the community, and it is a growing industry.

I would get my masters in it though, as that is the best way to get a job indefinetly.

Any way, of fto the interview I go.

I have a job over Christmas - helping kids get their picture taken with santa. The hiring lady thought I would be good with kids.

I am 98% sure I will study social sciences. I cannot find any better option, and it is an industy I could get a job in.

I would very much like to re register as a PT though and also do that when I study, so many students do that and make a good living from it.

• Author

And when I re register as a PT, you get work in Sydney EASILY.

There is ALWAYS work as a PT, I just have to be willing to travel an hour to and from work.

If I have to travel that much for work, I think I would do 3 subjects rather than 4, at Uni.

I want to work hard, but I refuse to study full time, travel 2 hours after Uni, work, then go home to sleep.

I would rather study part time for the first YEAR of my degree, enable time to work, and go overseas.

Then get back and study hard/full time.

How much do you get from government assistance?

• Author

I just talked to a good friend about it

I met her when we both started a nutrition degree, but we both ended up transfering to social sciences.

She said majoring in human relations is dull, but u earn a REALLY good living.

But if you want to make a difference, you can major in welfare and still make 60 plus K (and more with experience)

She can also advise me on the work placement - in your own time, there are places that take you on, and let you work there for experience.

I am definately going to apply for a place for next year.

I can start full time, and drop back if I need extra work (without dropping out at all - just going from full time to part time).

I will do full time study for at least 2 years of the degree, and only do part time to begin with, so as to save more for the overseas travel.

And Andrew is all for it too; we BOTH just need me to have a part time job, just SOME way to save SOME money. Just 10K a year saved would enable us to achieve our dream - to travel together.

• Author
How much do you get from government assistance?

Almost 250 Aussie dollars a week. I find it affords me; gas money within reason, food, and cheap moisterizer and cleanser (which every women needs).

I have to get tinted moisterizer, so as to save cost on foundation or additional make up, which works as it suits me better than "make up".

It sounds like a lot of cash, but to live on, I am literally down to my last dollar by the time the next pay comes in.

I have only ever gone out because Andrew has shouted me.

I live very good quality of life, but I love fashion and very much like to wear different clothes every day, to reflect my mood...

My mother buys me clothes o her visits. She has felt guilty because she left the country when I was 9 or 10 to live overseas, cos she wanted to send me to a private school.

So..out of guilt she has always brought me things like clothes, she can't help herself.

I am really good with it though - as much as I LOVE clothes, I decline a lot of her offers... I literally just say " yes mum, how about I just limit your spending to 150 dollars this trip ok? Lets not get carried away...."

I don't know why she felt guilty lol I have always had everything I needed.

Almost 250 Aussie dollars a week. I find it affords me; gas money within reason, food, and cheap moisterizer and cleanser (which every women needs).

I have to get tinted moisterizer, so as to save cost on foundation or additional make up, which works as it suits me better than "make up".

It sounds like a lot of cash, but to live on, I am literally down to my last dollar by the time the next pay comes in.

I live very good quality of life, but I love fashion and very much like to wear different clothes every day, to reflect my mood...

My mother buys me clothes o her visits. She has felt guilty because she left the country when I was 9 or 10 to live overseas, cos she wanted to send me to a private school.

So..out of guilt she has always brought me things like clothes, she can't help herself.

I am really good with it though - as much as I LOVE clothes, I decline a lot of her offers... I literally just say " yes mum, how about I just limit your spending to 150 dollars this trip ok? Lets not get carried away...."

:rolleyes:

Okay. So THIS is your excuse for not being able to "afford" a one-time fee of $200 to get your personal trainer certification re-upped?

I don't know about where you live, but as far as I do know, a certification is not even needed for that job - just knowledge, which you still have if you really did, in fact, go through the program or whatever it is for the certification.

I'm sure you could go without some of your cosmetics for a week; also that your mom would happily give you the money for your certification rather than buy you new clothes so you can wear something different every day. She'd probably do both.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. You are coming off as simply spoiled and childish. And like you are spinning every kind of excuse imaginable for why you are not doing anything at all towards being responsible for yourself.

• Author
:rolleyes:

Okay. So THIS is your excuse for not being able to "afford" a one-time fee of $200 to get your personal trainer certification re-upped?

I don't know about where you live, but as far as I do know, a certification is not even needed for that job - just knowledge, which you still have if you really did, in fact, go through the program or whatever it is for the certification.

I'm sure you could go without some of your cosmetics for a week; also that your mom would happily give you the money for your certification rather than buy you new clothes so you can wear something different every day. She'd probably do both.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. You are coming off as simply spoiled and childish. And like you are spinning every kind of excuse imaginable for why you are not doing anything at all towards being responsible for yourself.

Dude, a personal trainer is not a freakin menial job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I needed to study for one year at least to get cert 4!

They DO NOT put on UN trained trainers. It is ILLEGAL here. Even if it were alloud, WHY WOULD THEY put unskilled staff on, when others have their certificates and have studied hard for a year?

And you have to re register every 2 years and get points, the points are extra carricular training modules, such as a gruop fitness course, or online learning.

You CANNOT practice as a trainer without re registering with fitness AUS.

OMG - you have NO INSURANCE if you are not registerd!!!!1 AS IF you would practice without insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOme idiot gets injured and it is their fault, like they slkip over during your session due to a wet floor, ad YOUR FCUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO not. NOT being childish.

And EVERY WOMEN needs moisterizer and cleanser. Without the two, your skin would be clogged up, if you did not cleanse your skin...

ANd for the recored - I USE 2 DOLLAR SOAP to freakin clean my skin.

SO all I buy is moisterizer for 14 bucks.

You sort of NEED moisterizer, or your ski is dry and pealing in some cases with white skin coming off.

You need to look healthy as a trainer, which means tinted moisterizer to even out skin tone is a must, or my skin is extremely red and blotchy.

Trust me, my only "cosmetics" are: soap to cleanse skin and body for 2 dollars, tinted moisterizer for 14 bucks, and mascara which my mum gets duty free, and chemical free lip balm.

Not exactly a very extensice cosmetic routine, compared to MOST women.

• Author

I have a job already lined up for Christmas.

And I am taking interviews for OTHER jobs, even though it is not possible to juggle two jobs really, as you will get f*cked over, as two managers will inevitibly call you at once, and you will have to LIE to turn them down.

SO, I would say I am literally doing EVERYTHING I can, actually.

I had two jobs in 2010, and had the two bosses call me in at once SCFREAMING AT ME to come in at the same time.

Not really fair when you need to earn enough cash to live off JUST so you can get off government funds....

Yet I am STILL doing it, even though I will get yelled at and fired for not being able to be in two places at once.

It would be easier to just get one job at a time, but after the X maas period there IS no full time work in the area I am skilled in (retail and cafe work) and personal training takes A WHILE to kick off to full time work.

hence why I am definately studying next year; I will NOT get full time work for a while.

Not really fair when you need to earn enough cash to live off JUST so you can get off government funds....

Yet I am STILL doing it, even though I will get yelled at and fired for not being able to be in two places at once.

It would be easier to just get one job at a time, but after the X maas period there IS no full time work in the area I am skilled in (retail and cafe work) and personal training takes A WHILE to kick off to full time work.

hence why I am definately studying next year; I will NOT get full time work for a while.

Well, you DO NOT work, and you DO NOT go to school, and you DO get $200 a week in government assistance, which you spend on gas and cosmetics, and you DO have a free place to live, a free car and different outfits every single day! And you talk about "living in poverty!" You have no clue.

You have a long, long road ahead of you before you actually take up the mantle of adulthood.

I don't understand your problem with working (like, TOMORROW) and saving every penny (except for what you need for cosmetics and the gourmet foods you buy - which you've talked about at great lengths here even though now you talk about going hungry) so you can travel.

Well, actually, I do understand. You are spoiled and don't want to get off the gravy train. You probably won't until your parents finally give you the boot, if they ever will.

Anyway, what I think you need to do is take advantage of all your perks and get into intensive therapy so that some day you can realize your dreams and contribute a lot to the world. It's not going in that direction right now.

• Like 2
  • Author

I AM doing EVERYTHING I CAN.

I have FOUND a summer job.

I am FINDING a second job.

I am GOING to re enroll in my degree and feel great about it and am 100% decided on it.

The only think I need now is therapy, and to START my job and studies, whch I will have to wait until FEBUARY to do.

And what is the BIG deal in buying moisterizer? I have skin where it peals and flakes and turns white and red if I DO NOT moisterize. It is dirt cheap for moisterizer.

My lips also get crackd and bleed daily if I do not smother paw pay ointment (MY llip balm, 4.00 dollars!)

My cosmetics ARE NOT THINGS I should go without, as they are needed for me to GET ajob; I refuse to tur up to interviews with badly chapped lips and dry, flaky skin.

So my cosmetics are not trivial and much needed to present well TO get jobs. I work in customer service, you HAVE to be well presented.

I ONLY buy what I NEED.

And instead of waiting to get the 30 dollars I need for therapy, which I CANNOT AFFORD on my 200 bucks a week, I will get ANDREW to pay for it.

I have a therapist lined up and have only waited for the recourses. But Andrew would be very willing to pay for me, so I will do that.

I will give her a call brb.

Honest to god, Leigh, I don't understand how you can not pay rent and still find 250 AUD/week not enough. I really, really, really don't understand. Many students live on 250 AUD/week WHILE paying rent just fine.

You really need to look into your budget, write it all down if you need to, total up your expenses for everything and see where the money is going. Even if you're living in a really expensive city (ie Sydney), I don't see how you can spend 250 AUD/week right down to the last dollar without paying rent if you're being thrifty. I don't pay rent/bills because the bf does, and I spend something like 150-200/week if I'm splurging a little on luxuries, and 100/week if I'm being really thrifty. Do you eat out a lot? Buy clothes? Do manicures and facials and stuff? Expensive haircuts?

• Author

I just called the therapist and she is not available for a month as per usua.

I got 5 more numbers from the receptionist for other therapist in my general area.

I will give them a call when I get home.

brb.

ELSWYTH - I do not buy gourmet food like others suggect, besides the sweet potato chips I buy, in preference to regular crisps.

I USED to get gourgmet food when my mother visits, things like raw chocolate, and good cheese, but I do not buy those things with MY money, mum gets them when she is down here.

I am not sure where my cash goes, I do not buy clothes or anything like that.

I drive a lot though, an hour most days sometimes, that is prob where my money goes, I live an 1.5 hrs above Syd on a coastal town and enjo the beach some weekends.

OH - 15 dollars a week I have recently spent on the gym. They are always looking for trainers so I thought I would ge into shape there so they can see me as a good option for them, once I re register as a trainer.

So yeah, gym, cosmetics (only essentials NOT luxury items, just moituizer and lip balm for dry lips), and petrol. I have a LOT but not a disgusting amount. NO clothes, handbags, or an super extravagent shopping items.....

Andrew has started to pay for more and he pays for brazillian waxes for me, and he pays to get my eyebrows waxed. Plucking does nothing for me, and I am 100% more attractive when a professional does them (17 bucks every two weeks).

So My bf helps me out too, as the things he helps me out with are rthings that are essential for me to look attractive and for him to enjoy sex (he hates hair.. down there, and I look ugly with a mono brow, and plucking without professional help looks horrid on me as my brows are SO naturally thick. I showed him the pic when I used to do it myself, and he was aghast lol, so he wanted to maintain profesionally groomed ones, like all my friends get done).

The cost of living here is phenomonal. I have lived overseas too and here is more expensive..

Well, make a complete list of all your expenditures, then, if you want to learn how to save. You need to see where the bulk of your cash is going, because your descriptions still don't account for 250 AUD/week sans rent. We can look over it and comment if you want, or you can ask an advisor for help.

• Author

So I still do not undersand how my plan of getting part time work and studying next year is NOT doing my best.

Unlike some young people, I have given it a great deal of thougth, as to my career path, I have tried diffeernt things, so when I say I know what I want, it is with GOOD authority, seeing as I have thought and looked into a LOT of different things.

I 100% want a career in welfare and as a social worker, as it does not involve maths in the degree ONLY Stats which are easy, and it is a good paying job where I can make a difference.

I have told my family and parnter of my dreams, and they all wish me well.

My parents are going to support me if I want to live at home, Under the conditions I study next year ASAP. They do not care if it is full or part time, but have urged me to do full time for 2 years of the degree, and onl part time as a means to earn more cash for travel ONCE. Then go into full time after the trip....

I offered to pay rent and my parents have agreed to accept it. So there ya go.

They OWN the house anyway. They know without a job I cannot afford to pay MUCH rent.

This house, to rent, is about 400 PLUS dollars a week normally. I CANOT AFFORD IT.

They calculated my pay, and thought 50 - 100 dollars a week is ample amount, since they own the house already.

100 dollars once I get START work, as I cannot afford 100 dollars rent, AND therapy, AND essentials like moisterizer for my skin to look non hideous.

Mum has my skin type too and without moisteriser our skin looks terrible, white, pealing with dryness, and super super tight in how it feels. So she understands I need that.

• Author
Well, make a complete list of all your expenditures, then, if you want to learn how to save. You need to see where the bulk of your cash is going, because your descriptions still don't account for 250 AUD/week sans rent. We can look over it and comment if you want, or you can ask an advisor for help.

Thanks I will do that, I have been meaning to write a spending diary actually,

I wish I had gotten around to doing it.

I have a few essentials but I am sure.... wait on.

I buy Andrew dinner sometimes, as he comes back here tired after back breaking work, and I offer to make him dinner so it is ready for him when he returns.

But he pays 40 dollars every month for my brazillian and 17 dollars for my eyebrow wax every 3 weeks; as I said before, I look hideous without professional waxing. It frames our face, if you have thick, dark eyebrows like me, yoU DO need professional waxing to look normal, or else you look prett unnattractive.

I am really not confident when I have to pluck my own eyebrows, they are grossly uneven and it impacts how I come across, when I look bad.

So.... waxing is a luxuary but I do not pay for it, Andrew does.

I WONDER how my dinners I buy him compensate for the waxing?

He is in dept too, he works full time but ows his father a lot.

SO neither of us will travel until end of next year.

I am happy to give up the gym and do my own fitness, that would be 15 bucks a week saved. But I love the gym.

I DO live a life of luxuary, but I AM NOT frivilous! I get things I NEED to feel good. Clothes and handbags and shoes and NOT essential.